• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 31, 2021

    Ethereum Please help to take down this scammers, currently live streaming

    Ethereum Please help to take down this scammers, currently live streaming


    Please help to take down this scammers, currently live streaming

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 07:46 AM PDT

    Fun fact. Bitcoin supply will grow about 10% for the next 100 years more/less and cap at 21million. Ethereum supply will grow a 1~2% by sometime next year and will start to DECREASE from there. And will decrease about ~2% ever year after that. Ethereum supply will shrink 10~20% in the coming decades

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 03:02 PM PDT

    In* the next 100 years

    submitted by /u/Historian_investor
    [link] [comments]

    Pretty much !

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 07:45 PM PDT

    Best way to buy eth ATM?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 08:46 AM PDT

    So I'm relatively new when it comes to understanding eth and it's blockchain and all it dapps, but I understand a lot of the surface level knowledge. My question is, how should I be buying eth right now to save on gas? I live in NY so the only exchange I can use is the dreaded coinbase, but I know that if I just buy some eth and try to send it to my ledger I'm gonna lose a lot of money. Is it just a better idea to keep it on coinbase for now? are there any dapps that'll make a purchase like this easier? I just see a lot of potential coming up for eth and I'd love to grow my portfolio, I just dont want to lose it all in gas as I'm sure you can assume. Thanks

    submitted by /u/dlyness0321
    [link] [comments]

    My wife made a birthday cake for me, 32 is not my age, it’s the number of ether I need to setup a validator node :)

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 05:13 PM PDT

    7-Day Net Reduction post EIP-1559 just hit 100%!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 11:59 AM PDT

    How to never pay L1 gas fees to bridge your tokens

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 02:12 PM PDT

    Hi everyone! With the new Polygon <-> XLM bridge from News Crypto, new possibilities have emerged that enable US users to avoid L1 gas fees for bridging various tokens.

    I'll share my use case to illustrate the above. After sharing my use case, I will explain how these steps technically enable experienced users to avoid L1 gas fees to bridge to L2s (which are more secure than Polygon). First, all my collateral is on AAVE on Polygon to avoid high L1 fees. I also have a Coinbase card with which I spend borrowed USDC to avoid selling my ETH or taking my stables out of AAVE. Previously, I used the Hop Protocol to go directly from AAVE on Polygon to my coinbase card -- but I would still incur an L1 bridge fee. Now, that is no longer needed and Hop is obsolete in this respect. For a total fee of around $0.30 [1 XLM], I take the following steps to send my borrowed USDC from AAVE on Polygon directly to my L1 Coinbase card wallet:

    1. Borrow USDC or DAI against my collateral in AAVE on Polygon
    2. Swap the USDC for wrapped XLM (wXLM) on SushiSwap on Polygon. Much of the liquidity is strictly on Sushiswap as of today. wXLM contract address: 0xf854225caaef5a722884a68a23215dfa5386751e
    3. Bridge wXLM to the actual XLM blockchain via NewsCrypto Bridge. Note: be sure to enter your XLM wallet address here as the destination, and you must send more than 1 XLM as the bridge deducts 1 XLM as a fee. Do not use coinbase card address here, it does not work with the bridge.
    4. Now, send your XLM from your personal XLM wallet to your coinbase pro XLM wallet. Don't forget to include the memo! The fee here is negligible, it's in the cents.
    5. Sell XLM on coinbase pro for USD.
    6. Convert USD to USDC.
    7. Withdraw USDC from Coinbase pro to Coinbase.com so your coinbase card can use the USDC. And you're done! Total "bridge" fees paid are less than $1 here.

    There is no taxable event in the above steps. The capital being moved is actually borrowed, so it's a liability. Liabilities are untaxed, so this is an efficient way for us poors to borrow against our assets and spend the borrowed money as needed for little to no fees. Simultaneously, we are earning fat AAVE APYs.

    The above steps can be tweaked once AAVE goes on Arbitrum, or zk rollups in the future. This is because bridges already exist between Polygon and Arbitrum, and Optimism. So you can avoid high bridge gas fees to L2s right now by tweaking the above steps with this method! For users seeking to alter the above steps to bridge to L2s from an exchange, note that most of the wXLM liquidity on Polygon is on SushiSwap. That way you avoid having to use a centralized service/chain like BlockFi or Celsius, thereby making your funds more secure. I hope this helps.

    Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with Polygon, or News Crypto. Just trying to help. Also will note that the News Crypto bridge was funded by a Polygon grant, so they have a working relationship. And yes, I plan to move from Polygon to zk rollups in the future once AAVE deploys there :)

    EDIT: There may be potential (small) taxes on the swaps described above, but only if you end up with more value in $$$ after swapping stables for wXLM. See below:

    Probably would 'need to report it' but the capital gain between stables or XLM as a bridge token is going to be a total tax bill of like $10

    submitted by /u/malacath10
    [link] [comments]

    Beginner willing to try Ethereum

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 06:26 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I'm beginner at cryptocurrency and wanted to invest to Ethereum. I wanted to invest to it because for what I read and watch so far it is more than cryptocurrency. And also, compared to bitcoin, it is not limited and it create more Ethereum. When I saw the price, it is already over $4k now. I can't invest on full 4k as a start. Compared to other currency, where you can buy many stocks with little amount but I don't think they are stable enough if I wanted to make it a long term. I had little idea that ethereum that will be big in the future that's why I wanted to start investing. I wanted to get some advice on how to start and what strategies/options should I do to start investing. Please let me know and I'm willing to do research also for terms I needed to know. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/nullptr023
    [link] [comments]

    Another big hack at Cream Finance, $130 million disappeared - Blockbulletin

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 07:01 AM PDT

    Metamask has 1.29 ETH as $228.77 on their download page. Makes me sad that I'm just now starting to get involved.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 01:16 PM PDT

    eli5 on the Curve wars?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 09:43 AM PDT

    Can anyone please explain the whole story/concept?

    and why these DAOs(Yearn, StakeDAO, Frax, KeeperDAO, Convex?, etc) are trying so much to have "power"(?) over Curve? Appreciate it!

    submitted by /u/MostPalone-
    [link] [comments]

    Shorting ethereum/crypto

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 08:05 PM PDT

    Don't get me wrong, I do not plan to short ethereum or any other crypto. I would like to know if shorting in crypto is the same as shorting in the stock market. In the stock market, when you short your loss potential is infinite ♾. However, in crypto can you lose more than you invest (e.g., negative balance like that on regular stocks)?

    submitted by /u/ThisIsRadical
    [link] [comments]

    Happy Etherean Halloween!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 07:57 PM PDT

    What are the official specs and resources for eth 2.0? I want to read the technical stuff. But not only code. Are there official articles/papers or not? Also interested in forums and so on.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 01:08 PM PDT

    Ethereum: The Transformation That Could See It Overtake Bitcoin

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 08:15 AM PDT

    What earns more, liquidity mining vs. lending?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 08:31 PM PDT

    Curious if one generally has a higher APY or is a more stable source of income compared the other, and what are the pros and cons of each.

    submitted by /u/ImSandwich
    [link] [comments]

    NFT’s L1 vs L2

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 04:32 AM PDT

    Hi fellow Etherians,

    I'm dipping my toes into the development with Solidity.

    I'm stuck on a question in the search for Layer 1 and Layer 2 NFTs.

    On Opensea most NFTs are on the Ethereum chain (L1). But their are also NFTs on the Polygon chain (L2).

    The layer 1 has high gas fees as we all know. But the question I'm stuck on is the "compatibility" of NFTs when it comes to Layer 1 and Layer 2.

    Can Layer 2 NFTs be ported (with some kind NFT of burn) to Layer 1?

    Let's say I buy an NFT on the Polygon chain, can it be moved to the Ethereum chain? And will the NFT be still "legit" or "original"? Or will those chain NFT always be separated?

    So I got stuck on the question and what better place to ask you nice full of knowledge fellows.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/7unkrat
    [link] [comments]

    How do I cash out in Metamask?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 01:44 PM PDT

    So I have some eth in my wallet and I was thinking of either cashing some out or swapping it to USDT. I actually tried to do the latter but the fees were crazy, I had to pay like 80 dollars for a 150 dollar transaction.

    What do you guys do?

    submitted by /u/felipe_martin2002
    [link] [comments]

    Don’t fall for the coin-ether.net scam

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 07:57 AM PDT

    Don't fall for the coin-ether.net scam

    Don't fall for it.

    If you're someone who regularly watches cryptocurrency talking heads on YouTube, the algorithm probably suggested that you watch coin-ether.net's video. It's a scam, and I explain all in this article, which includes things such as:

    • The "live" video is actually a live rebroadcast of a video posted last year
    • The domain was literally born yesterday (and the owners hope you were "born yesterday" too!) and points to a Russian server
    • A quick "view source" shows that the table on coin-ether.net that shows ETH transfers is randomly generated
    • And finally, use your common sense.

    Once again, the article is here.

    submitted by /u/AccordionGuy
    [link] [comments]

    long shot: looking for a specific article about ETH

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 07:55 AM PDT

    from the last year, maybe a medium post, but it was the best deep-dive explainer for the several layers of why ETH is the future; defi, developers, smart contracts, level 2, etc etc. cannot find it for the life of me. please help.

    submitted by /u/moosigny
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to gift someone an ens?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 05:50 PM PDT

    Basically buy an ens domain and then give it to another ethereum address?

    submitted by /u/unstopablex5
    [link] [comments]

    Would someone be so nice to ELI5 to me about ETH 2.0, who is attesting what when? I'm confused as there are shard blocks and beacon chain blocks. So how many validators are signing what kind of attestation when? Really confused about this.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 02:03 PM PDT

    Economics Of Public Goods

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 04:16 PM PDT

    We provide over 100+ FREE crypto articles on our SubStack! :D (Link on our profile)

    TLDR:

    Common goods are goods that are for everyone to use like parks, libraries, and oxygen. In the physical world, common goods are destroyed because no one has the incentive to take care of them. Today in the DeFi world it can be different because we have an incentive to want to take care of them. Participatory economics functions via a token-based ecosystem where the token is an incentive to affect people's behaviors and encourage them to do good in these public goods that we are creating.

    What are common goods?

    Public Goods: There is a little bit more of a barrier here as you need to fit certain criteria to join this space like a country club where you need to get memberships or you need to have X amount of qualifications or X amount of attributes to be able to join this public goods community.

    Common goods: On the other hand, common goods are goods that are for everyone to use so you don't need to be a superstar or a supermodel and everyone like you and me can just join and enjoy it. Examples of common goods in the real physical world are parks, libraries, and oxygen. These are infrastructures given either by the world like water or built by a country system or a nation-state like parks and libraries.

    Lesson one in economics is that there's no such thing as free lunch and there's an opportunity cost to everything.

    Incentive Misalignment: How do common goods fall into this category of no such thing as free lunch?

    Common goods are very difficult to maintain. For example, water is free for everyone to use but look at all the water pollution that occurs. If you look at who is cleaning up the water or who is taking care of these common goods you will see that not many people are doing that because they are not incentivised to do it. Economics is mainly about incentives and how these affect different people's behaviors. In that sense, one of the biggest problems with common goods is that there is an incentive misalignment and people are not incentivised to want to take care of things.

    submitted by /u/economicsdesign
    [link] [comments]

    PoolTogether Community Newsletter #3

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 10:05 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment