• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 28, 2021

    GPU Mining $1200 total cost. 106mhs. 2x5700's from HP Omen towers.

    GPU Mining $1200 total cost. 106mhs. 2x5700's from HP Omen towers.


    $1200 total cost. 106mhs. 2x5700's from HP Omen towers.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 05:33 PM PDT

    bought RTX 3070 KFA2. Really bad overclocking. To reach 62 MH/s had to up power consumption to 200W. My other 3070s are eating 125W and reach 63 MH/s. Anyone have same card and mind sharing their ocerclock settings?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 04:38 AM PDT

    Is there an nvidia card limit on biostar btc+ motherboard?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 06:26 AM PDT

    Hi all I'm currently swapping some of my rx580s for 1660 supers on my biostar btc+ motherboard. I swear i remember reading that this board can only take like 8 nvidia gpus but doesn't have that limitation with amd cards. Can anyone confirm this?

    The board only has 8pcie slots but I'm using a splitter to get 11 gpus total. So far has been working fine with 6 nvidia and 5 amd.

    submitted by /u/yoogle1
    [link] [comments]

    Shares go brrrrr

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 05:53 AM PDT

    Pcie risers with nvidia 3000 series cards

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 11:01 PM PDT

    When using the pcie risers with a 3000 series Nvidia GPU do you have to change the pcie in the bios from 4.0 to 3.0?

    submitted by /u/Klondathu
    [link] [comments]

    Cashing Out

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 11:41 PM PDT

    I have never sold any of my mined Eth. However, its getting to a level now where I am going to sell some.

    I would be very grateful for some advice on how best to do this. The Eth is currently in MEW, I have Coinbase, Kraken and Binance accounts. I am based in the UK and have a UK bank account.

    This morning I realised my Coinbase login also works on Coinbase Pro, where the fees seem to be a lot cheaper. Binance is the most complicated of the 3 and I would be nervous about using this platform tbh.

    I don't plan to transfer it all in one go, the plan is to do maybe a coin a week.

    Any advice or things to watch out for would be gratefully received.

    submitted by /u/genfauk
    [link] [comments]

    Are hash rates infuenced by brands?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:48 AM PDT

    Hello, i was thinking if the different brands that makes the same card influence on hash rates? Like if i have a Asus Dual Rtx 3070 mining it yould be the same as mining with and ROG Strix 3070?

    submitted by /u/-LucasMorais-
    [link] [comments]

    bio switch ASUS RX 580 OC 8GB

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:45 AM PDT

    does the ASUS RX 580 DUAL OC O8G have a bio switch?

    submitted by /u/Th3GuyWithPants
    [link] [comments]

    Help! Server PSU is booting up AFTER ATX PSU, so the mobo isn't detecting the GPUs on the Server PSU. How can i make it work?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:22 AM PDT

    Hi guys, trying to expand my rig by adding a server PSU to power the new cards i just got. My current build is a 1200W BTC PRO and a 1050W Cougar GX using a 24-pin splitter that is powering 6 GPUs comfortably. Im considering to add a 1200W Server PSU, but i noticed that if i don't power the S-PSU before the ATX, the mobo (Asus b250) won't detect the GPUs on the S-PSU. I had them all synced together but the S-PSU boots a second or so later, which renders an error detection on boot. Can someone help? I have checked every bit of info online but little is found on these hybrid setups.

    submitted by /u/life-is-a-gif
    [link] [comments]

    Noob Here, recent drop in ETH mining efficiency after a few months?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 06:49 AM PDT

    I've been mining ETH for a few months now, and on ethermine, the estimated payout has been about .09 ETH per month. A few days ago, it dropped to .05 ETH per month. Is this just a regular ETH efficiency change? Or does it have anything to do with the recent price spike of ETH?

    submitted by /u/BubblesMan36
    [link] [comments]

    I crunched some numbers to help in deciding which GPUs I should be buying and how much they make. I hope this can help new folks with deciding what to buy, or even if mining is worth it

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 05:09 PM PDT

    Sup folks, I'm betting most of you here can do math and are capable of deciding whether or not mining is even worth it. Here is an extremely low effort spread sheet that you can adjust to check potential profits. Edit: I'd download it so you can sort it.

    I based my data off of this Ethereum Profitability chart and my local power costs of $.10 per KW. I know we have had some peaks lately of high profitability, but historically these times are extremely outside the norm. Also, GPU prices may vary greatly from what is in the sheet, change it to what you see fit.

    Lots of posts on here have been made out of desperate confusion asking "Why are my profits down?!?! is my GPU broken?!" No, you're GPU most likely isn't broken. Current profitability is around $.08 USD per MH per day. "Okay", you say; "What does that mean?" It means folks are already upset with profitability and it is currently 4 times higher than last November.

    I'm not here to bum people out or discourage you from mining. I'm still here, I think this hobby is pretty fun. I just want to make sure folks have a good understanding of their ROI when they purchase their first rig comprised of 8 3090s purchased for $3500 USD each (don't act like people aren't doing it). Just for reference if your power cost is similar to mine and you only include GPUs in the build cost AND we returned to November profitability; it would take you 2512 days. However, if profitability stayed at its ATH of $.17 USD per MH per day, you would pay that pig off in 202 days.

    Yes there are plenty of other coins to mine, but please folks, run the numbers before you dump all your money into mining.

    TLDR: Check the depth of the pool before you dive in. Good luck everyone, I hope you all get rich.

    submitted by /u/boatnofloat
    [link] [comments]

    Either some trader/exchange messed up, or 2miners MEV has the secret sauce.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 06:33 PM PDT

    Need help with gpu temperature before I burn my house down

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 01:10 AM PDT

    So I've just started mining, only using my PC at the moment to get a feel for it before I decide to drop some money on a mining rig.

    Now for the problem. If I run everything on default my GPU temp is 93°C which even if the card doesn't kill itself it'll probably catch fire and kill me while I'm sleeping.

    Right now I'm running T-Rex for Ravencoin at 2miners. My PC is old, built it in 2016, GPU is Leadteak GTX 1070 Founders, CPU if it makes any difference is i5-6600k and running win10.

    I've downloaded MSI afterburner and tried different power limits but even at the lowest setting of 49% the GPU is still sitting on 74°C and cuts my hashrate in half. Build is in PC case but have the side panel off and have 2 input fans and 1 exhaust fan in line with the GPU, the CPU is watercooled and stays around 30-35°C while mining.

    Is this just a problem with the card design? Single fan and fully enclosed cover? Or is there a better way I can test out mining with my current setup?

    submitted by /u/SelmaFudd
    [link] [comments]

    How often do you change your coins to mine?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 11:22 PM PDT

    Considering the fluctuation of profit while mining different coins, do you change the coins to mine? For example, ETH maybe the most profitable today, but in 2 days, maybe FIRO or XWP is more profitable to mine than ETH. Do you change to those more profitable coins? If you do, how often do you swap coins? Cause my main concern is that when changing pools, the profit will also drop during the "preheating".

    Edit : grammar

    submitted by /u/theflazy
    [link] [comments]

    HiveOS Update with absolute Core Clock Setting is really nice! Save the Planet!

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 12:58 PM PDT

    NBMiner not working well with Linux

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 09:44 PM PDT

    As the title says, I haven't had a good time using linux along with NBMiner, the reason I (think) have to use NBMiner is because I have a GTX 1080, and to get the most juice out of it I need tools like the Ethlargement pill or in NBMiner's case, the --mt tag to get my 1080 to at least 35MH/s, which is what I usually get when overclocked + --mt in Windows 10.

    So the thing is, when I try to run "sudo ./start_eth.sh" i get this message:

    'Memory tweak error on device 0: GTX 1080'

    then it connects to the pool and says:

    'Mining program unexpected exit.
    Code: 11 Reason: Process Crashed
    Restart miner after 10 seconds'

    Is there any solution? I'm okay with using other miners, I just want to get my 35MH/s

    Previous OS: Windows 10
    Current OS: Arch Linux (Also got this error in Linux Mint)
    PSU: EVGA 550GD
    GPU: GTX 1080 Strix
    No current OC Settings, though I did have them in W10
    Miner: NB Miner

    submitted by /u/DaSommetti
    [link] [comments]

    What is the thermal pad THICCness for Gigabyte RTX 3090 Vision OC?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 04:35 PM PDT

    I don't have a caliper, but I need to know what the thermal pad thickness is for the Gigabyte RTX 3090 Vision OC. More specifically, I am looking for the size for the VRM pads without causing issues with cold plate contact with the rest of the GPU. . I can't find an answer to the question from a source I was confident in. Any other tips on disassembly of this card would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ZadesLegacy
    [link] [comments]

    Really like the gigabyte eagle/gaming OC 3080 cards now

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 01:44 PM PDT

    Have tried a lot of different brands of 3080 cards and the gigabyte are my preferred cards now.

    Swapping out the vram thermal pads with 2mm gelid or thermalright ones takes less than 10 mins and then the beefy cooler keeps vram temps in the 80s all day long at 60% fan speed.

    submitted by /u/tmibfatd-atgf
    [link] [comments]

    Rate my mining setup... love it, hate it as long as you rate it!

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 05:10 PM PDT

    Azure mining

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 04:16 PM PDT

    Has anyone tried mining on azure? I was getting about 700MH/s on their deep learning spot instance for about $2.20/h but cancelled after a few days so I hopefully don't go past the free credits

    submitted by /u/thx1766
    [link] [comments]

    Configuring TRM to run different algos on individual cards?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 03:31 PM PDT

    I'm sure it's possible and I'm just being obtuse, but can anyone walk me through setting up TRM to run two different algorithms on two different cards attached to the same board?

    Now that TRM supports ethash on Tonga, what I'm trying to do is run ethash on a FirePro W7100 and cn_haven on an RX 460, but am too much of a smooth brained caveman to figure it out.

    Am I overthinking it? Do I just need to set up individual config files, disable the GPU irrelevant to that config, and simply launch two instances of TRM?

    submitted by /u/LordOverThis
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment