• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 13, 2021

    GPU Mining Rackmount mining setup -- open to suggestions

    GPU Mining Rackmount mining setup -- open to suggestions


    Rackmount mining setup -- open to suggestions

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 12:03 AM PST

    It's alive, IT'S ALIVE!! what an ugly beautiful money making machine you are ��

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 03:48 AM PST

    GPU Mining vs Gaming

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 11:56 AM PST

    Mining on a 3070 and ryzen 7 2700x. 65 MH/s.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 06:23 AM PST

    3090 Vision GDDR6X temps, a cautionary tale

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 04:06 AM PST

    I've attempted to lower the temps of my GDDR6X but mem junction in HWinfo still shows 106-108°C at +800mem and 80% power limit, same as stock. (104-108MH/s)

    This is after making a set of custom copper heatsinks and placing them on the backplate over the locations where the rear-mounted memory modules are situated, cooled directly by an arctic f12.

    I can only conclude that the insufficient cooling of the front-facing memory modules on this particular GPU is what is holding me back from pushing further towards 120MH/s. I am not keen on the idea of installing a water block but it seems that or repadding are the only solutions I have if I wish to improve performance/thermals.

    Do I risk losing my ability to claim warranty or do I stick with it and just learn to live with the fan noise?

    submitted by /u/med_BVLL
    [link] [comments]

    3090 VRAM cooling without changing the thermal pads follow up: Time-lapse video I made (~5 mins x10 speed) showing how well a cheap heatsink + TIM + case fan does to absorb and dissipate the heat from the backplate.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 11:31 PM PST

    Eth 2.0 and what to expect? Help for a new miner

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 08:00 AM PST

    What are miners that are gpu mining etherium to expect after eth 2.0 rolls out?

    It seems like the general consensus is that are profits will be severed and we will probably have to move to another coin or sell gear?

    If this is the case then is the whole crypto mining boom going to end and cards start to restock because eth is one of the most profitable coins and without it I feel like mining wont be nearly as profitable?

    I just recently started my first rig with one gpu so far, do i stop before i get too invested?

    submitted by /u/PoopStickss
    [link] [comments]

    Used a EK Monarch ram block to solve my 3090's vram temp issues with great success.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 10:58 AM PST

    Pads and Paste

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 07:07 AM PST

    Im approaching 3 months of mining on some of my rigs and Im starting to think about cleaning and maintenance. I was curious how often you guys clean your rigs and cards? What is your process? Do you upgrade pads and paste? If so what do you use and where do you get it?

    submitted by /u/an0n0mus0neTw0
    [link] [comments]

    700W PSU for 2x GTX 1080 Ti?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 05:21 AM PST

    Hello, I've recently got my first mining rig and it's going great. Right now I have one GTX 1080 Ti powered by 700W PSU. The card is running at 250W, because the power is essentially free, because I have solar panels.

    I wanted to add another 1080 Ti, which would use 2x 250W for the GPUs + 50W for the rest. It would be 78.5% use of the PSU. I read, that PSUs shouldn't be working over 80%, and I'm close to that, so I wanted to ask if that's safe.

    Also, I checked, and my PSU has only 4 free 6-pin ports. The GPUs use 8-pin and 6-pin for power, so would it work if I powered the second GPU with 6-pin to 8-pin cable and 6-pin to 6-pin cable?

    submitted by /u/CHET2CHET
    [link] [comments]

    Mining with the ''new?'' Gamerhash so far :

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 08:23 AM PST

    My 1.1 GH/s rig is finally complete! Featuring 6 x 3090 and 7 x 3070 [Lots of photos & useful Data/Statistics]

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 08:21 AM PST

    My 1.1 GH/s rig is finally complete! Featuring 6 x 3090 and 7 x 3070 [Lots of photos & useful Data/Statistics]

    Hey all,

    Its been a huge headache of planning and months of sourcing the products (especially the 3090s and the PSU) but finally its done. (pictures at the end)

    Specs:

    • CPU: Intel G4400
    • Mobo: Asrock H110 BTC
    • PSU(s): Corsair AX1600, AX850, AX850
    • RAM: Unbranded 8GB, and 220GB in the paging file
    • Hard Drive: Sandisk 960GB
    • GPU(s): 6 x RTX 3090 (included two terrible blower fans, bloody jet engines!) and 7 x RTX 3070 (very efficient and quiet)
    • Case: Veddha Duluxe 8 GPU
    • Fans: Noctua NF P14s Redex 1500 x12 (they use around 25 watts combined, but the airflow they provide is huge! 133,7 m³/h each!
    • Other parts: 2 x dual PSU splitters, heatsinks for the 3090 turbo gpu, thermal pads (replaced on one Palit 3090 to reduce vram), GPU risers (13), Power usage monitor (x3), 12 inch USB powered monitor, DVI to HDMI adapter.

    Some Statistics:

    • Current (safe and stable) hash rate: ~1100hh
    • Current power consumed: ~2875 watts
    • My price per KWH: £0.1381
    • Daily cost of running the rig (rounded up): £10.00
    • Monthly cost of running the rig (rounded up): £300.00
    • Expected daily profit > £60.00 (taking into account downtime, BTC moderate fluctuations etc)
    • Room temperature before: around 17 degrees (UK winter).
    • Room temperature after: 30 degrees if the door is closed. around 27 when the window and door is open.

    My soliloquy attempt:

    I do have an air conditioning machine on standby, I will be using it in the summer to help with room temps. At the moment the fans are doing a good enough job. The AC is definitely worth using if you are having doubts, especially for a rig this size. It costs less than £2 per day to run. (based on 560 watts at £0.14 per KWH)

    Building the rig was fun, I've always loved building computers and love electrics (I also built a solar powered shed in my old house: link) The issue, the headache and where 90% of my time went is into the tuning. I don't know if the H110 mobo is just a drama queen, or if 13 GPUs is just too much. Every time I tweak one card, it causes a chain of reaction on everything else. Tweaks such as the memory clocks are SO SENSETIVE! I did previously push 125hh out of most of the 3090's but the instability and the VRAM temps were too much. I have settled for 120hh on most of them now.

    My aim for each 3090 was 300 watts with 120hh, not always possible especially for the turbo card but close enough without pushing the card and VRAM too much (approx 117-118hh with the turbo at 98c VRAM).

    The 3070 cards are a god send. They are so easy to work with. Very efficient and quiet (even the founders edition). My aim for these was 120 watts at 63hh each. This was achievable for all of them.

    I previously used a 160GB SSD drive, but after realizing I needed a larger paging file, I used a spare 1TB SSD instead. Paging file is set at 220000MB, seems to be enough and stable for the GPUs.

    I did prefer pheonix miner, but as its no longer on nicehash, I only use NBminer/daggerhashimoto now. Trex caused stability issues.

    I do sometimes get the odd CUDA error, but over time it is starting to stabilize. A few more tweaks here and there and im hoping the rig will be fine 247.

    Why did I post here? mainly because my fiancée is probably sick of having to hear about the rig (and the rig itself), and I wanted to share this with people who are thinking of making one too. It takes a bit of work, a lot of tweaking, a huge investment, but a fun rig to call your own (and it heats up the house too!)

    My advice for new miners:

    1. Dont make the mistake I made, I am so impatient and kept tweaking after each card came. After adding in more GPUs, the GPU ID will change, and so will your MSI afterburner settings. You will save alot of time if you wait until you have all the items you need.
    2. Extra is better! Things like risers can be problematic. Buy an extra pack just incase. You can always return it if you dont use it.
    3. BTC payments & how to manage the payouts. This really depends on what you are looking for. Are you in a decent job and looking for investment? Perhaps holding onto the BTC might be worthwhile. What I do is withdraw 75% into GBP (Nicehash > Coinbase > PayPal), and 'invest' the remaining 25% in BTC. This way I still see profits and have a 'chance' of an investment too. For me, its the safest financial choice for now.
    4. Unless you are using the exact same cards (which is alot easier), for example 12 x MSI 3090s - understand that each GPU will have its own preferred settings. You could have two 3090s, one needs 87% and an overclock of 500 on the mem clock, but the other may need 91% and 1250 on the mem clock to get the same hash rate. Hash rate is not everything, power consumption matters too - its all about finding the right balance which brings me to,
    5. The battle of the ratios:

    High rash rate VS low power consumption,

    Overclocking VS Stability,

    Fluctuations of Nice Hash 'current profits' VS ACTUAL payouts

    Heres what we all came here to see, the pictures (some thermal shots too!). I hope someone can find this information useful. The spreadsheet screenshot is my bible for this rig!

    Thanks for reading fellow miners :)

    The RIG

    Side/Rear view. 6 x Noctua 140mm fans on both bottom and top sections

    Tiny USB powered monitor (uses approx. 11w in eco mode)

    Side/Rear view. 6 x Noctua 140mm fans on both bottom and top sections

    (in DJ Khaleds voice): Another one

    Top section of the RIG (3 spaces left, but the motherboard is full)

    The GPU risers. They are a pain to work with!

    Just another view of the top section. Left and right fan is off, as it has no GPU to cool down (sigh)

    The power meter readers. Surge protected (the extra plug is for a room fan, for when I must sit in the room and change anything)

    My poor attempt of cooling the jet engine they call a Gigabyte Turbo 3090. It looks terrible. It does work though, VRAM temps are down to around 98c from 104c. These cards are not great for mining. Avoid them if you can!

    Front view of the Gigabyte Turbo 3090. That poor fan!

    Thermal shot 1

    Thermal shot 2

    30 degrees but unfortunately Vitamin D is not included

    The RIG Bible! Dozens of hours of trial and error to reach these hash rates. Many cards perform so much better on their own but together they can be a pain

    NBMiner in action

    NBminer in action 2

    submitted by /u/poopoopops
    [link] [comments]

    Black screen issues with RTX 3080

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 08:04 AM PST

    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim

    Intel I5-9600k

    Corsair 750W

    While adjusting my overclock settings I'm getting black screen, usually immediately after I push the memory core to above +1000 & sporadically black screening even at +900.

    The latest black screen occurred while on these overclock settings

    Power limit 63% Temp. Limit 75% Core clock -200 Memory +900 Fan speed 70% Temp. 49 degrees

    Can anyone help me diagnose the issue here? I'm seeing others push their memory clocks further than me without any issues so is there something I am missing?

    TIA

    submitted by /u/03jamesl2
    [link] [comments]

    Mining while playing hearts of iron 4

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 07:29 AM PST

    I have a 3060ti and ryzen 5 5600x and I know playing games while mining is impossible, it seems that hearts of iron 4 runs great even while mining. I just want to know why the performance in this game isn't impacted at all by mining and if I can break something while doing this

    submitted by /u/fapinik
    [link] [comments]

    New To The Game

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 04:55 PM PST

    Start of the rig

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 06:35 AM PST

    Start of the rig

    I've been mining on my gaming machine (Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700 XT) for the past few weeks. Saw it was nice and decided to go further. Built a rig this evening, though not all the parts are in. I could only power 4 of the cards + risers without splitters that are supposed to be here on monday.

    Until I get the splitters I am running x4 MSI RX 570 at around 127MH on dagger. Build is:

    Veddha V3c frame

    ASUS Prime Z390-A

    Samsung 870 EVO 250gb SSD

    8gb ram (2x4gb sticks ddr4 2400 288pin)

    Intel i5-9400

    Silverstone Technology ST1200-PTS

    Mintcell PCIe risers

    Enough 120mm fans for the case

    4 PCIe 8pin to 2x 6+2 PCIe splitters

    USB to SATA HDD cable

    Kill A Watt electricity monitor

    And of course x6 MSI RX 570 8gb cards

    https://preview.redd.it/zy1xh9674tm61.jpg?width=1201&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=9ec6bf146fe71cb347d226a72cf40e0ffc12c2b8

    Comments and constructive criticism welcome. Negative nancies with their EIP-1559 or whatever are most decidedly not welcome. I found out about the ETH order the day after I order a ton of equipment. Not much could be done since shipment had already started. So I decided to make the best of it and I can always mine altcoins afterward. The only regret I have is buying AMD instead of Nvidia in this tier of tech.

    Anyways, cheers you lot and let me have it.

    submitted by /u/Decadence75
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for help on the power deparment.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 05:51 AM PST

    Im setting up my first rig and so far was planning to use these gpus 2 rtx 3080, 3 or 4 3070, 2 rtx 3060 ti and couple of amd cards. I got 3 1200watts server psus with breakout boards and one atx for cpu. Now i think 1 server psu can handle the cards, one server psu to power the risers and the atx. The other will be for future cards. Now im running thos on an aparment rented until morgage come throught. What would be a good unit to protect the rig if i plug directly to wall or should i get a ups? Can it even handle the load or its better a small rig until i can get a breaker box setup for it?

    submitted by /u/fokeiro
    [link] [comments]

    Ethereum is pushing miners to support changes to brick asics.... BUT here is where I am confused...

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 04:59 AM PST

    Confused.... miners are being squeezed out of the community for the most part by the Devs as most of us do not have 32 ethereum hence ineligible to participate in proof of stake.... but we are supposed to help push to remove the Asics.

    submitted by /u/Competitive_Society2
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to take this 1660 ti out of this prebuilt case for mining use? Would only be 700 for the whole pc. Quite cheap right now for a 1660ti here haha

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 01:08 AM PST

    Different pcie cables into server psu?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 04:44 AM PST

    I have ordered some server pcie cables that will arrive next week but cant wait till that long. Would it be safe to use my corsair pcie cables into the server psu to power my gpu?

    submitted by /u/l3v3lfailed
    [link] [comments]

    What is best oc and intensity for 1650

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 04:42 AM PST

    What is the best oc and intensity for 1650 mining kawpow on trex 0.19.11

    submitted by /u/3rrorsuckright
    [link] [comments]

    Best Miner For RX5700?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 03:31 AM PST

    I am currently mining a single RX5700 just for the heck of it and I am getting around 49.4MH/S with TRM (teamredminer). I undervolted and underclocked the gpu to 1280 core clock and 850mv using wattman. I was wondering if I could get a better hashrate using another miner? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/TitoRifle
    [link] [comments]

    Gddr6x memory junction temperature ?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 09:24 PM PST

    Can someone clarify what memory junction temperatures are good, acceptable and to avoid when mining? I've seen people say that as long as it doesn't throttle the temperature is safe and good. Others would say that under 95c is the safe temperature for gdd6x as listed by micron. Im currently hashing at 101mhs with a memory junction temperature of 88-90c. I don't know if my current settings will allow my card to last until next gen.

    submitted by /u/ATINYNEKO
    [link] [comments]

    Mining Profitability After Ethereum

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 09:17 PM PST

    Hello I am in the process of building a rig right now. I am concerned about how profitability of mining will change when POS happens. Could we still mine Ethereum? If yes any idea how much profits would drop? What kind of altcoin profitability could we see? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Agreeable-Owl-1846
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment