• Breaking News

    Monday, February 8, 2021

    GPU Mining First Rig is Operational! 3 3090s 350mh/s 830w

    GPU Mining First Rig is Operational! 3 3090s 350mh/s 830w


    First Rig is Operational! 3 3090s 350mh/s 830w

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 07:37 PM PST

    I may look like total shit (it does) but I love it. Near silent and excellent temps

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 11:45 PM PST

    Highly recommend anyone with a 3080/90 to change thermal pads immediately, dropped VRAM by 30c

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 05:59 PM PST

    A water cooled rig? Yeah. Why? Because I can.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 01:59 PM PST

    PCI cables and connectors

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 05:34 AM PST

    I am planning to build 4x rtx 3070 rig PSU will be 850 as one card draws about 125 Watts but the problem is with cables and connectors. Each card requires 6+2 and 6 pin connector. But I really can't find a PSU with 8 PCI 6+2 cables (keep in mind that also risers need 6 pin connector) I am pretty confused with splitters when it's safe and it's not

    submitted by /u/GabriusD
    [link] [comments]

    Running Two RTX 2060 Super on CX750M PSU

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 07:29 AM PST

    Built a PC in 2019 for gaming, lost interest in gaming and finally saw the light with mining and BTC in general a month ago. This community is awesome and I'm learning a lot. I'm underclocking my existing 2060S and getting 42-44 mhs depending on the tweaks. I'm adding another 2060S and want to ensure my PSU is capable of handling with proper UC settings on Afterburner.

    My current question:

    Corsair PSU CX750M capable of handling both of those cards if UC correctly?

    Appreciative of any insights, eager to learn more and expand on this over time. Cheers!

    Edit: I now see the sidebar where this inquiry would be best placed. Apologies for that. I'll post there as well, but any insights or thoughts here are appreciated as well.

    submitted by /u/belatedpajamas
    [link] [comments]

    Kryptex is a scam

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 02:21 AM PST

    I get used to mining pools to lie about hashrates of GPU so hadn't wary about profits compared to what their calculator says, but apparently with Kryptex it's hugely lower than usual, almost twice. Using nicehash miner now, I see hash rates about twice of that of Kryptex miners for same algorithm. Not only that, but when I've withdrawn in BTX instead of rubles, then converted it to Euro, then to Rubles, then back to Euro (why, you might ask? Because as I found out I couldn't withdraw in EUR to Russian bank account, so my mistake) - hugely inefficiently, losing about 15%, I nonetheless got almost TWICE as much as I usually got withdrawing from Kryptex directly by Rubles.

    Also, in last month they disabled comments in their social media pages and messengers and disabled practically all withdrawals except BTC (and probably ETH), blaming banking systems. All those suspicious actions forced me to try other pools and find out about all their scam.

    TL;DR: they probably hiddenly use your GPU to mine for them almost half of a time, they offer literally worst conversion ratio and still they even dare to force you to pay 3% or more (6EUR + 3%) fee for withdrawals.

    submitted by /u/aberroco
    [link] [comments]

    RVN mining - Kapow overclock settings

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 09:32 PM PST

    I switched over to mining RVN on one of my rigs to start front loading before eip1599. I know it's more profitable to mine ETH & just buy RVN but that's not the point.

    This rig has 3 x 3090's & 4 x 3070's Current hash rate is 270mhs running stock If I apply the same overclocks that I use for ETH mining the hashrate drops significantly.

    Does anyone have any advice for overclocking specifically for Kapow?

    submitted by /u/Fool_Take_5
    [link] [comments]

    Dual 6 pin to 8 pin PCI-E adapter?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 04:38 AM PST

    Hi guys, I'm relatively new to mining and doing a bit of research lately. I've come across the need to convert 2, 6 pin PCI-E slots from server PSU breakout board to wire up my 8 pin PCI-E slot on the GPU. Is there a reliable/recommended/safe adapter for this? I tried finding other Reddit posts related to this but haven't had luck with any working links. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Owningbro2
    [link] [comments]

    PCIe Expansion Cards

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 04:33 AM PST

    I'm looking to build some new miners and I have a question regarding expansion cards. The miners I currently have are 6 gtx 1080s that have been running for years, however the new miners that I want to build are 10 3060 TIs on one motherboard. I sort of copied Nicehash's "most efficient miner of 2021" . I bought the same mobo as they speced - the x570 Aorus Master.

    According to their parts list they used pcie expansion cards to allow them to plug 10 cards onto this motherboard. Has anyone done this / had any luck doing this?

    I want to make sure that when my cards get here everything will work together. Since I have to wait until next week for my cards to arrive I don't want to wait any longer once I have them because hardware isn't compatible.

    These are the expansion cards that I have already purchased: https://www.newegg.com/p/2A7-00X2-00001?Item=9SIARRKD461421

    submitted by /u/sjg97
    [link] [comments]

    Is Hiveon down?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 08:10 AM PST

    It doesn't seem to load neither on my computer nor on my phone.

    submitted by /u/Knoxpat
    [link] [comments]

    GPU mining: What's the catch?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 07:34 AM PST

    (Please forgive me for the long post!)

    PC specs: CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 1950x cooled by NZXT kraken X52

    GPU - Gigabyte RTX 2080Ti Xtreme

    RAM - 2x8Gb G.skill tridentz

    PSU - Coolermaster 750w Gold rated (forgot the exact model name)

    MOBO - Gigabyte Designare ex

    UPS - APC BR1000G-IN

    (also using a havells table fan to cool the GPU when mining ~90w)

    Background: I've known about mining with GPUs and have hobby mined in the past without any fancy rigs. I'm a software dev and an ML engineer by trade so I'm pretty decent at troubleshooting hardware / working in UNIX environments and computers in general.

    Right now I have a decent build (please see specs) with a 2080Ti and decided to try mining and see if it is profitable, hoping I'd invest some of my savings in this. I've been mining with nicehash the last 4 days for the most part (tried mining eth with ethermine.org and flexpool.io but for some reason, they weren't as profitable as nicehash.). I've been tracking my micro profits with a spreadsheet and the payout from nicehash in BTC has been pretty much in line with their profitability calculator which is ~ 430 INR (6 USD) at 6.6 Rs/KWh (0.091 USD/KWh). So I've made about 800 INR (11 USD) mining on and off the last 4 days.

    Considering that I'm mining on a super unoptimized setup where I draw 600-650 w/s (powering my triple monitor, speaker, other charging appliances) and still make a profit, I'm actually considering investing in building a mining rig. I'm not going to dump all my savings in one go, rather first buying another card (considering Radeon RX 580 cause I need an AMD card anyway for another thing I'm doing), recoup that money, do another upgrade, recoup, rinse and repeat.

    Besides this, my family has been considering investing in solar power for our house for a long time but haven't cause they've been saving up for my studies, which I start this September in Europe. I'm convincing them to invest in solar power NOW at least for my room so over the next couple of months I can harvest the sun's energy and won't have to rely on the electricity board in my town, where frequent power cuts happen. Plus solar power in my area is something that would pay itself off anyway in the long run. So, over the next couple of months, I'm hoping I can build a decent rig that can mine here at home that can generate decent profits of around 40-50k INR/month (or 550-690 USD/month) while I'm in Europe. I have trusty friends here who know their way around a computer and can troubleshoot stuff if necessary.

    So all this leads me to the question - What's the catch? Seriously, I don't see a lot of cons in pouring money into this. And that's driving me crazy. I've read blog posts, scrolled through this and a bunch of other mining subreddits, watched videos (the mining chamber mostly, not sure if he's any good, voskcoin seems super shady to me). But I still feel I haven't fully assessed all the risks yet. I'm more paranoid than usual cause if I lose money I would be burning money that would help me get settled in Europe (the area I'm going to be in is pretty expensive).

    I would like any tips and advice on things I should consider before doing this.

    Thank you for your time!

    submitted by /u/Andohuman
    [link] [comments]

    27.09MH On 4gb Cards Still In Feb 2021?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 07:31 AM PST

    3080 mining temperatures?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 06:38 AM PST

    Considering buying a 3080, how's the temperature?

    Just read an article stating it reaches 100 degrees

    submitted by /u/RazerPSN
    [link] [comments]

    Does it matter which miner do i use?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 05:20 AM PST

    pool selection

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 10:48 AM PST

    I have around 700mhs, I've tried hiveon pool for the last few days. I know that big pools and small pools, with time will eventually have the same amount of profit. but I'm curious what your opinions are? why you choose pools like flexpool or others?

    submitted by /u/ilovesnijbiet
    [link] [comments]

    PS CPU 12V 8 Pin to Dual 8 (6+2) Pin PCIE Adapter Safe?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 09:06 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I'm wondering a CPU 12V 8 Pin to Dual 8 (6+2) Pin PCIE Adapter is safe to use?

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/EPS-CPU-12V-8-Pin-to-Dual-8-6-2-Pin-PCIE-Adapter-Power-Supply-Cable/254853744286

    Backstory:

    I have 2x 1000w power supplies and I would like to add an 11th gpu. I ordered a 3060ti on backorder but who knows if or when I'll ever get it? I would like to use the 2nd power supply's EPS connector to power 1 more gpu. I've never even heard of this adapter.

    So far, each PSU is fairly balanced:

    PSU 1:

    Mobo

    3 x 570

    2x 1660 super

    PSU 2:

    1 x 5700 non xt

    4 x 1660 super

    submitted by /u/360alaska
    [link] [comments]

    First rig, it's alive!!

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 09:24 PM PST

    Friends mining rig

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 02:50 PM PST

    How much would you guys pay for an RX 580 8 gb?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 11:42 PM PST

    TLDR: Is the RX 580 8 gb Armor worth it for $225?

    My Case: I bought an RTX 3070 for gaming but have succumbed to mining on it on/off for the past month. I'm really enjoying the hobby aspect of mining and would like to expand my operation to around 4 cards (2 in gaming pc, 2 in dedicated rig). Ideally I would buy 3060 ti's however, I can buy an RX 580 8gb Armor locally for $225. Is this a good price for an older card? I have also heard unfavorable things about the Armor edition, so I'd like to know what you guys think.

    submitted by /u/TacoSavior28
    [link] [comments]

    Replacing pad on risers?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 12:38 PM PST

    If those little pads fall off is it a big deal? If you've reattached one how did you do it? Is there something you can use as a replacement pad? (I've lost some.) Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ILikeCatsAndSquids
    [link] [comments]

    Is bios modding safe?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 07:31 PM PST

    Im mining etherium on my every day PC as a hobby. Should i risk my rx570 by modding its bios?

    submitted by /u/lil-subhuman
    [link] [comments]

    GPU not recognized by Windows, how to figure out if it's salvageable?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 10:28 AM PST

    I bought 3x second hand 1060 from a local guy for about 70 cents on a dollar. He also gave me 2x P106-100 to test (he had instability issues with his rig) which I'm only to pay for if I decide to take them. One of them works flawlesly, minus a totally banged up fan I had to change. The other one however is not recognized by Windows. I connect it, but it just doesn't show up in the Device Manager.

    What can I do to figure out if it's salvageable or beyond repair? I can take it apart if need be, the front grill is already off since I had to remove a bum fan (they both had banged up fans).

    I'd really like to fix it if possible, 24 mhs going to waste rn :)

    submitted by /u/slavandproud
    [link] [comments]

    1660 Vs. 2060 Super, also do cpus even matter for mining?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 06:20 PM PST

    Hello, an upcoming miner here. I'm just trying to dip my toes into this whole shindig before going in whole. I was planning on buying 2 2060supers to start mining because I heard it had the better hashrate on phoenix miner than anything else. The 1660 is cheap and performs well, but I hear the hashrate is not the best anymore and it will become incompatible within a year. My research indicates towards that. What do you guys think of the whole 1660 vs. 2060 super thing?

    Also, one thing I can't find any information on is using a CPU. Do we need a good CPU to mine through phoenix miner to let the GPUs mine? Can you mine on 2 gpus and a cpu all at the same time through something like phoenix miner? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ThrowTonyC
    [link] [comments]

    My first Rig 433MH/s at 977w.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 03:12 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment