• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 10, 2021

    GPU Mining First build. Pretty pleased with the outcome, 2x 3060ti 3x 3070 1x 5700 xt @ 350mh.

    GPU Mining First build. Pretty pleased with the outcome, 2x 3060ti 3x 3070 1x 5700 xt @ 350mh.


    First build. Pretty pleased with the outcome, 2x 3060ti 3x 3070 1x 5700 xt @ 350mh.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 11:59 PM PST

    The 5600XT I found for a reasonable price arrived today, it's up and running with its two big brothers.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 02:08 PM PST

    Idea for Alternative to PoW and PoS - Training AI

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 04:17 AM PST

    Hi there,

    I've had an idea in my head and I wanted to share it to see if it had any validity or not. Currently proof-of-work is the most popular form of validation, but it results in a NEGATIVE impact because energy is being wasted on cracking meaningless algorithms, which is why cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum are moving to proof-of-stake.

    Proof-of-Stake has a mostly NEUTRAL impact because energy is not being wasted, but nothing is gained from the validation process other than possibly promoting liquidity in the market.

    I was thinking of a POSITIVE impact that could come out of the validation process. What if instead of cracking algorithms, the proof-of-work system transitioned to minimizing loss functions in training AI, or optimized some other metric in the training process like accuracy, which would act as the validation. This would enable AI researchers and developers to train models without fronting the costs that exist today, and give them much more computing power. This would progress the AI industry forward an exceptional amount.

    Let me know if anything like this is remotely possible or if I fundamentally lack understanding. Feel free to take the idea further if you see any hope in it.

    Thank you for your time

    submitted by /u/ElektrikAtom
    [link] [comments]

    Thermal pad mod questions on MSI 3080 Gaming X

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 04:03 AM PST

    Hi

    I have a few questions about the thermal pad mod. I currently have a MSI 3080 Gaming X with the junction temps being stable between 102-104°C The fans seems to run at 70%. And getting 85Mh/s on ETH. I am happy with those 85Mh/s, but worried about the 102-104°C temps.

    Since the fans are only at 60-70% I don't think the card is throttling. I also read that if I want to go higher with my card I have to flash the MSI 3080 Surpime bios to unlock a higher power draw. Which I am not willing to do, I don't want to brick my card and I use it to game. I prefer not to mess to much with the bios and it's settings.

    Since the card is not throttling, or so I think. Is the 102-104°C safe?

    If I still go to route to change the thermal pads, which I would prefer not due to warranty. Has anyone found a video for the MSI 3080 Gaming X? Also which pads thickness to use.

    If I open the card to change the thermal pads. Do I have to change the cooling paste on the processor itself too? Or can I ignore it keep the original? If I have to change it I got tube from Noctua cooling however this has been opened a month ago, can I still use the left over?

    Thank you for all your answers lovely folks

    submitted by /u/Trashii_Gaming
    [link] [comments]

    AMD Blockchain drivers

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 06:12 AM PST

    A follow up of my post about to 290 and 390 still being profitable on 2021 .

    So I bought a r9 390 8gb knowing hiveos can force some kind of compute mode on it and it does like 30 Mhashes there ... tested it and indeed it works ( nice ! ) but that pc must be on windows several hours a day for work related reasons and it mines on nicehash while working ... no compute mode , 14 mhashes ... a shame... but then I discovered AMD Blockchain drivers, and they are supposed to give some kind of optimization for mining in windows ... I installed those drivers and made a test but cant see any great improvements ... do you know about them? Do I need to configure something? What I am not seeing?

    submitted by /u/carrilloale
    [link] [comments]

    Is it hot in here or is it just my rig?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 04:18 PM PST

    4 RX 5700s flashed to XT and 1 RX5500XT @245mhs. Keeping the garage cozy warm.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 08:28 AM PST

    Profits are half of what whattomine says

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 08:03 AM PST

    For a 2 or 3 days this has been going on and im panicking a little.
    I have 4 580s currently mining at 30mh, and one 470 at 25 mh.
    Whattomine says that this config should give around 20 dollars in revenue, yet I make around 12 dollars a day.
    I know luck is a big factor, but its half of what I "should" be making.
    Any ideas why this is happenning.
    Im on pheonix miner and flexpool btw.

    submitted by /u/C00ki3_Krom
    [link] [comments]

    Sudden 50% drop in MH/s phoenixminer

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 07:58 AM PST

    Difficulty spike?

    submitted by /u/whris_cilson
    [link] [comments]

    Thermal pads replacement result on my 3080 FE

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 07:57 AM PST

    Prior to this, I would get 100MH/s with Core Clock -100 and Memory Clock +1250. However, it would thermal throttle within 15 minutes.

    I replaced both the front and back thermal pads with Gelid GP and now I'm getting 102.9 MH/s with Core Clock -100, Memory Clock +1500, core temp 55C, fan speed 58%. And best of all, Memory Junction temp at 82C.

    submitted by /u/silk35
    [link] [comments]

    Don't be tempted to buy GPU's abroad, learn from me

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 01:22 AM PST

    Long story short.

    Recently decided I needed passive income to give me freedom to do things I want to do.

    Did a lot of research, studying on bitcoin, mining rigs. Set up a rig of 4 cards and had around $2000 savings to get going.

    Bought $1800 worth of 5700xt's on Alibaba and got scammed by the vendor I purchased from themselves.

    4 Year gold Verified supplier! Contacted them directly

    They decided to keep my items ransom at the UK airport for ever increasing cost.

    First 300 more, then 220 and you realise you are being scammed, needed to walk away

    Since I contacted them through their official page there are 2 possibilities

    1. Their account was compromised

    2. They know they offered me a good deal outside of Alibaba "official" payment route.

    I know the second is true because I contacted the CEO directly and gave him screenshot of one of his representatives with whom I made the trade.

    He said he didn't know her and he'd check to see if their email was ok after the holidays

    Sure a 12 Million annual revenue company will casually check to see if their entire business is going under after they have had biscuits and tea...

    Still got my drive though

    submitted by /u/Lifeiscleanair
    [link] [comments]

    How do you manage dusts in open air rigs?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 06:18 PM PST

    It gets pretty dusty where I live even a closed gaming case. So I was a bit concerned about the feasibility of open air case and dust management.

    submitted by /u/Ghost_Hunterzz
    [link] [comments]

    safe to keep this on? manual says it can handle 10,000 watts. in drawing around 2150 watts

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 03:44 AM PST

    I'm out of 8 port (6+2) ports on my power supply.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 08:10 PM PST

    It's 1300 watts and I have one more 3080 coming in, is there any way to utilize the 6 port connections?

    submitted by /u/Logical_Username
    [link] [comments]

    Pcie x1 splitters to run more GPUs

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 01:40 PM PST

    Hi all, I am wondering if I purchase this PCIe x1 to USB splitter or something like it, will it allow me to run more GPUs from my mobo that currently only has 4 PCIe x1 slots and 2 x16 slots? If I get this splitter I should be able to have 4 GPU for each x1 slot right? I would likely only use 2 of the 4 USB slots per splitter so I'm not overwhelming anything

    submitted by /u/47Racing
    [link] [comments]

    Can you mine with an Old Motherboard/CPU?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 05:18 PM PST

    Would I be able to set up a really old motherboard/CPU to mine? I have two 1660 supers on the way and would love to set up a miner.

    The motherboard I have is:

    https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813130227

    The CPU I have is:

    https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/37151/intel-core-i7-960-processor-8m-cache-3-20-ghz-4-80-gt-s-intel-qpi.html

    Does anyone know if I would be able to set this up?

    submitted by /u/Chill_Sahn
    [link] [comments]

    PSU with no more 8 pin slots available, can I split one into two?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 09:04 PM PST

    I saw this diagram https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgQWeBiHz3TeWdY9r3u752uNLfLDxjjXKb-fu8bwrf7RePA5ni0UxG_KITN3V2k7LcKYOCa0GRlVCv6EiuhsLMJ7lNTUQjkRGGEjXRLZjueeiY35_LVQjoGTxGD0LXfGENilu26jggcDV0/s640/PCIe2.png and it says that 8-pin are rated for ~288W (although by regulation it clarifies that they must be used for 150W max).

    Since my 3070s are consuming ~130W each, I think it would be safe if I split an 8-pin output from the PSU with a dual 8-pin output to feed two 3070s, what do you think?

    Another option would be to use two 6-pin ports from the PSU (75W * 2) for this graphic, but I don't know if this is more or less safe.

    I listen to your wisdom!

    submitted by /u/eltramas
    [link] [comments]

    B250 fintech more than 10 gpus

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 12:30 AM PST

    Can someone more clever than I advise on if putting a gpu directly into a motherboard will take more than 1 pci lane. See ive a b250 fintech , and I can't get it to post with 11 or 12 cards . 10 cards are fine. 1 gpu is directly in the x16 slot . So trying to fact find before I pull apart my frame to change the x16 to a riser

    submitted by /u/Jordi666
    [link] [comments]

    Where to buy racks?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 11:22 PM PST

    Where do most of you guys back racks for your rigs?

    i currently have a 2 card setup just on a open air old pc case, but i'm looking to upgrade to some actual racks.

    where is the best place to get them?

    submitted by /u/xd366
    [link] [comments]

    eth 2 and eip making me so anxious and stressed

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 03:51 AM PST

    anyone else feeling the same? I can't sleep thinking about not making roi and what to do after pos takes over.. help me

    submitted by /u/ilovesnijbiet
    [link] [comments]

    GPU disabling m.2 SSD (Boot drive)

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 02:20 PM PST

    I have a gaming computer that i also mine with.

    Motherboard : ASRock z490 Phantom Gaming/ac

    I have a 3080FE in the Primary x16 Slot and

    2x 3070s attached via riser cables. (which i have tried in every configuration of slots)

    My issue is that with just the 3080FE and ONE of the 3070s connected, everything works beautifully, but when i add the 3rd GPU (3070 via riser) my computer boots straight to bios screen and cannot find the m.2 ssd (boot drive).

    This motherboard has 5 pci slots, shouldnt it be able to handle more than 2 GPUs?
    Intel Z490 Chipset

    Any help would be great, this is driving me crazy!

    submitted by /u/Jaka_8
    [link] [comments]

    Are these temperatures OK? 3070

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 09:34 PM PST

    Why do we Mine eth?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 01:52 PM PST

    Like at first people were mining BTC and suddenly now everybody dropped it and started mining eth, why is that? What makes a crypto currency more adventageous over others?

    submitted by /u/lil-subhuman
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment