• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 28, 2021

    Ethereum I've unsubbed and stop browsing r/ethereum. It has become filled with self promotions of NFTs and no discussions about ethereum.

    Ethereum I've unsubbed and stop browsing r/ethereum. It has become filled with self promotions of NFTs and no discussions about ethereum.


    I've unsubbed and stop browsing r/ethereum. It has become filled with self promotions of NFTs and no discussions about ethereum.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 01:33 PM PST

    I mean... seriously.. everyone and their father in law is posting gifs of their NFT's hoping to increase the value/popularity of them. I have no idea who actually enjoys this kind of content or how the mods allow this kind of blatant self promotion. I'll be back if/when this shit stops.

    submitted by /u/Jojojojo5555
    [link] [comments]

    Mods need to do something about NFT advertisements pretending to be anything other than a money grab. Maybe consolidate that into a weekly sticky thread or outright ban it?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 02:53 PM PST

    The title. This needs to be moderated.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/KarmaKaroo
    [link] [comments]

    Can we stop the NFT advertising? The top 5 posts are NFT adverts

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 11:38 AM PST

    A plead to the mods

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 02:34 PM PST

    When I browse r/ethereum I come here to learn. I want to know about the latest developments with the technology, if there was anything special happening or anything that betters the understanding of ethereum or the community around it.

    Yet, what I actually see is more price memes, and self-promoting people selling their NFTs. They can sell them elsewhere.

    If we can get in place some rules to heighten the quality of this sub, it would widen people's perspective when they browse instead of being overrun by NFT sales and memes.

    submitted by /u/VeryGingerBear
    [link] [comments]

    The first implementation of EIP-1185 (DNS on ENS) is here. Ethereum is now bridged with Handshake TLDs, creating decentralized ERC-721 NFTLDs and SLDs

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 02:20 PM PST

    Are NFTs doing more harm than good to crypto?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 02:11 PM PST

    Are NFTs doing more harm than good to crypto?

    Browsing the NFT marketplaces, I have noticed just how overloaded they are with crap (at least on Rarible and Opensea). First of all, this is a bit annoying for the consumer. Instead of being able to explore cool art made by hardworking artists, I am met with stuff like this:

    https://preview.redd.it/j73742xafak61.png?width=1787&format=png&auto=webp&s=7f31af0bf0795db3b30fa65fbed8853aaffbf64f

    And yes, this is a real NFT that somebody minted, literally throwing away their eth on the gas fees to make it (and gas fees are ridiculously high right now on top of that). I know, I am in no position to tell people how they should spend their eth, but it seems like this may be devaluing crypto as people are throwing it around like it is nothing and it is definitely adding to the clutter on these websites. It was mentioned that this rampant production of NFTs (I'm talking about all the junk; there is def some good stuff) is increasing the usage of ethereum, but at what cost? Crypto used to be described as the criminals currency and now what, is it becoming a meme? Yes, maybe that is good in the short term, but how will that affect crypto in the long run? I would love to hear your opinions.

    And I know, art is subjective. But it seems like with some pieces you just have to sigh and shake your head after seeing them, like the above (or is this actually a masterpiece and I am a stupid idiot?)

    I originally posted something like this on r/NFT but I wanted to hear from the more crypto and not art oriented people. And I would like to reiterate, NFTs are def cool and there is a bunch of awesome stuff out there, but most of it is lost in the sauce that is NFT junk.

    TL;DR: NFT marketplaces are crowded with crap (see above pic). People are wasting so much money minting this crap. Is this crap devaluing eth? Is this crap memeifying crypto; is that good or bad?

    submitted by /u/wikapediaman
    [link] [comments]

    My drawing of ethereum symbol. Just to inspire you all.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 08:50 AM PST

    Mark Cuban says gold is useless, suggests American government should embrace crypto instead

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 07:04 PM PST

    What’s New in Eth2 - 27 February 2021

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 03:34 PM PST

    So we're just not going to acknowledge what "nonce" means in the UK?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 03:25 PM PST

    Up and coming dApps?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 03:05 PM PST

    Are there any new, cool, or useful dApps that anyone is developing or are underutilized? I mostly only see conversations about solutions that are coming to gas prices or NFTs, etc.

    submitted by /u/aesthetitect
    [link] [comments]

    How does Tether operate on the Ethereum Blockchain?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 03:47 PM PST

    The amount of Tether daily transactions is outstandingly higher compared to that of all other coins operating on the Ethereum network. I was wondering if Tether was causing the problems of escalated transactional fees on Ethereum.

    submitted by /u/AnderBRO2
    [link] [comments]

    Is this for real? Is my money "stuck" in WETH now?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 02:07 PM PST

    How to verify account balances in Optimistic Rollups?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 03:10 PM PST

    Imagine an account sends 5 ethers to another account without having this funds and the Optimistic Aggregator sends this tx and the new state root to the smart contract. "Obviously", a verifier will notice that, as she has already computed the accounts merkle tree. Nevertheless, the Smart Contract does not have track on the current balance of an account in a concrete state, does the Smart Contract need to traverse all the L2 transactions to calculate the account balance? Which data will the verifier send to the smart contract to proof the invalid transaction? How the smart contract will know that the account has insufficient funds to perform that transaction?

    I have read the follwing documents:
    https://vitalik.ca/general/2021/01/05/rollup.html

    https://research.paradigm.xyz/rollups
    https://defirate.com/optimistic-rollups/

    Does the smart contract need to store more data besides the state root and the transactions (log data)?

    I would appreciate if anyone could provide any other source of information about Optimitic Rollups implementation on theory behind it.

    submitted by /u/coll_97
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about Feyorra (FEY) ERC-20 Token

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 06:31 PM PST

    I'm looking to invest for this new baby coin utility token. Is this token safe or legit for investment ? Like everyone who is saying DYOR I've done my homework but still I want to ask experts about this, if you can please advise me to strengthen my homework here.

    https://etherscan.io/token/0xe8e06a5613dc86d459bc8fb989e173bb8b256072

    https://Feyorra.com

    https://twitter.com/FeyorraOfficial

    https://t.me/Feyorra

    submitted by /u/ChromaticWolf
    [link] [comments]

    Cathie Wood on Cryptocurrency recently [16:13]

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 06:27 PM PST

    My first Ethereum staking reward

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 08:38 AM PST

    ⟠ Latest Week in $ETH News

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 02:49 PM PST

    NFTS vs Crypto

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 06:37 PM PST

    I'm learning and I wonder what the tie between both is? Is it that NFTs can only be bought with crypto?

    I know NFT's are essentially just an original digital file so just a bit confused why Crypto is tied to it.

    submitted by /u/Environmental-Tear93
    [link] [comments]

    Blockchain Internships for a Computer Science Major

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 03:18 PM PST

    Hello, I am currently a Junior in college and am looking to apply to internships relating to blockchain. I I'm specifically looking at developing blockchain technology, as I am planning on creating my own currency once I develop the proper skillset. I already applied to Coinbase (although I rather work on actually creating/developing crypto's rather than at a cex) and Uniswap, but haven't heard back yet. Are any of you familiar with any crypto's with internship programs? I am honestly looking for anything from a startup to a fully functioning company, but am unsure where else to look.

    submitted by /u/TrevorChedda
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Ethereum HAVE to require/expend energy in order to work?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 04:59 PM PST

    If the article https://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/ethereum.asp is accurate, then basically the ultimate goal of Ethereum is to provide smart contracts on the blockchain, and the purpose of the blockchain is really just to decentralize this information across a network of computers to avoid interference, hacking, government shenanigans, etc.

    Ok... so, why does that have to require so much power and energy?

    If I want to sell my digital artwork, and I create a "smart contract" — let's assume it's ultimately just a record that says what it is, that it's from me, that it's intended for Person X, for Price Y, on a certain date, with some unique identifying information, and it's encrypted and secure (etc) — then why should that be so painstakingly energy-consumptive? That "record" is an incredibly tiny piece of data, so why not just spread across this distributed network and that can be the end of it?

    In other words... a decentralized/distributed database across millions of computers really doesn't cost that much. Look at torrents. By comparison nobody is stressing about torrent energy expenditure, and yet millions of computers right now are actively seeding/sharing small pieces of huge movies/software/soundtracks/etc, 24/7.

    So why should this any different? Why didn't they just develop an efficient, low-energy decentralized/distributed encrypted database that new records can easily be added to?

    submitted by /u/RelocationWoes
    [link] [comments]

    Duty to Stakeholders

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 11:50 AM PST

    I have become quite concerned with a couple things that came up in the EIP 1559 Community Call.

    1) When some of the Devs were making arguments, they kept pointing to the fact that ETH has a responsibility to their investors and stakeholders as to why EIP1559 should go through. This is actually quite concerning because does that not then make ETH a security? Seems like ETH is starting to enter some muddy waters when using arguments like "responsibility to investors".

    "The digital asset itself is simply code. But the way it is sold – as part of an investment; to non-users; by promoters to develop the enterprise – can be, and, in that context, most often is, a security – because it evidences an investment contract."

    -Director Hinman

    2) Another extremely concerning aspect of the call to me is the idea of "Economic Hardening". This is kind of an extension of the first point. But how on earth can devs make the argument that playing central bank with supply (token burning) is a legitimate solution because of their responsibility to investors and holders of ETH while also claiming not to be a security?

    3) If they are changing the monetary supply now, how are we to ensure the monetary policy won't be changed in the future? Isn't the whole point of the Crypto movement to get away from unstable monetary policy? If so, why is it ok for ETH to play central bank?

    submitted by /u/Ozzie_Jake
    [link] [comments]

    My private key was compromised - Maker Vault theoretically open hackers

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 01:22 AM PST

    Hi community,

    I'm reaching out to you because I'm in big troubles.

    It seems like my private key got compromised: When I transfer ether to my address, it gets automatically "forwarded" to another address. Additionally there is another bot trying to execute a transaction which is therefore still pending.
    The address has a Maker Vault and because of the bots that automatically steal my ether, I am not able to liquidate my maker vault nor am i able to generate the max amount of dai (because i'd need ether/gas to do so)

    I think the hackers have not yet realised that I've ether in my vault.

    Please give me advise on this issue and safe me further sleepless nights! It would be great to get in touch with some Maker Devs. I'd be very grateful for any help!

    submitted by /u/Nerolation
    [link] [comments]

    Using an LLC to get around NY state block on Coinbase ETH staking?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 07:01 AM PST

    Coinbase is offering ETH staking "sometime soon". It's not allowed in NY state (unsure why).

    If I create an LLC in a different state for my crypto holdings, can I effectively get around this?

    submitted by /u/skullbasher137
    [link] [comments]

    Layer 2

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 03:28 AM PST

    Hey guys.

    So I watched a video on Ethereum and how the layer 2 was coming in March and I was wondering if I had to do anything to my coins before this/during this? Do they update automatically or do I do something?

    Apologies if this has already been asked

    submitted by /u/BigJadz
    [link] [comments]

    1 comment:

    1. FOREX INVESTMENT I never believed my life will change in such a manner, i saw a review on a page about Mr Carlos signals and strategies and before then i have never risk money doing anything online with anybody because i think i was so wise and never want to be cheated, but when i contacted him and he explained everything to me concerning trading and the profit i can make within a week i was convinced to give a trial and why i risked to invest $500 was because i don't need to send him the money but to create and fund my trading account all by myself and give him the access to manage my trading account and after one week i made a withdrawals of $10,000, please i am very happy to introduce all my friends and family to invest in themselves and there family. Cryptocurrency investment is taking over Gold and this is the best time to invest. If you are new to crypto currency investment is suggest you contact Mr Carlos via Email : Investandearnbinaryfx@gmail.com or
      WhatsApp : +1(424)285-0682

      ReplyDelete