• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 12, 2020

    GPU Mining Need to team up with other GPU miners to reach MOQ

    GPU Mining Need to team up with other GPU miners to reach MOQ


    Need to team up with other GPU miners to reach MOQ

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 09:02 AM PDT

    Folks, this is not a post to sale anything but in fact I am trying to find any other miners with big expansion plans, ones who are planning to build gpu mining rigs with like 150+ GPU.

    I am planning to purchase certain mobo really cheap for my own farm but the supplier needs MOQ = 100 to get me the low price and also faster production. I need 35 so basically I am 65 qty short.

    Of course one might think about validity of request and legitimacy etc but feel free to look me up. I have been around, mostly dealing in bulk etc and I did own Mystic Digital Mining hosting. Hit me up for more details. Not just for your own mining farm, but if you are ever planning to sell mining gear to others, this might be a good opportunity to taste the waters as what mobo I am trying to purchase is probably the best mining mobo and sold out everywhere.

    submitted by /u/jaykavathe
    [link] [comments]

    Pico PSU with server PSU, How does it turn on?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    When using a Pico power supply coupled with a server power supply (assume i get it all from Parallel miner)

    -> What does turning the system on look like?

    Wondering if the power button connected to the front IO of the case turns everything on with one button press? Or does the server PSU need to be turned on first then the pc from the power button?

    submitted by /u/9Ate7
    [link] [comments]

    Its a bad card, right?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 10:24 PM PDT

    I think I got a bad card from EVGA, but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything obvious.

    The issue: if I try to mine in T-Rex, an error message that GPU2 is idle. No idea why it shows up as #2, its number 5 out of 6. If I try in Gminer, the cmd window just closes without any errors.

    Things I've tried:

    1. Switching risers, using both a known good and a brand new set. Neither made any difference. The suspect riser was switched to a known good card and worked fine, so I know the riser isn't bad.

    2. Switched power cables to known good cables. The suspect ones were again switched to a known working card. The known good cables didn't change anything, while the suspect ones powered the known good card, so I know the cables aren't bad.

    3. Reinstalled the latest drivers using DDU+safe mode, no difference.

    4. Switched riser plug to new location. That is, the part of the riser that actually plugs into the motherboard. It didn't make a difference.

    What I don't understand:

    The bios utility (B250 Mining Expert) shows the riser location to be green.

    The card shows up in device manager without any warnings or errors.

    The card shows up in Afterburner, but I can't change the temp limit. When idle it shows a memory clock of roughly 7000mhz.

    I've also tried testUFO and it shows me getting roughly 30 fps.

    So that's it. I've tested everything I can think of and I can't seem to figure out what I might have missed. Everything says the card is bad but there's stuff like the device manager that says its good.

    Can anyone point to anything I've missed, or should I RMA it tomorrow?

    submitted by /u/HumanKumquat
    [link] [comments]

    GPU miners don't understand ROI

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    I'm pretty new here but after reading a bunch of posts I think a LOT of people are being held back by a misunderstanding of "ROI". This isn't ASIC mining people; you still own a GPU with value. When you buy a used 5700xt for $350 and mine it until you've made $350, for example, you haven't just made a return on investment, you also have a card that is worth $300+!

    If you think this way, profit is almost immediate. Profit = Mining income - electricity - depreciation of cards

    Purchase price of the cards isn't as relevant in my opinion because they are an asset in your possession. You don't need to "recoup" their cost.

    Tell me why I'm wrong :)

    submitted by /u/FunkyFuton
    [link] [comments]

    Can i run 3 risers with one PCIE cable?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 01:15 AM PDT

    Its safe to run 3 risers with one PCIE 8 pin + (6+2)Pin and a splitter.

    submitted by /u/Shadowfku
    [link] [comments]

    GPU Cooling

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    I thought of removing the fans from GPU and immersing them in Mineral Oil tank and than connect the tank to a radiator.

    This would save me 15% power spent on running fans on the gpu and would keep them cool and dust free as well.

    How is the idea guys?

    submitted by /u/prady2001
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment