• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 2, 2020

    GPU Mining Monthly Simple Questions Thread - August 2020

    GPU Mining Monthly Simple Questions Thread - August 2020


    Monthly Simple Questions Thread - August 2020

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 02:06 PM PDT

    Thanks to /r/buildapc, we're stealing this periodic thread idea! Thanks guys!


    This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we strongly suggest checking the sidebar and searching before posting!).

    Examples of questions:

    • What should I mine?

    • Is this build good enough to mine?

    • Which PSU should I get for _____ GPUs?

    Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

    Please remember that we're here to HELP you, not do it for you.

    Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for /r/gpumining mods? We welcome your mod mail!


    Many questions/concerns already answered in our sub's WIKI: https://www.reddit.com/r/gpumining/wiki/index


    Previous Monthly "Simple Questions" Threads:

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    XFX 5700xt with only a few timings tested... These things are beasts

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 11:32 AM PDT

    mining strategy for the bull run

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 07:35 PM PDT

    Hi, is it worth it to invest my mining profits now into new cards or it's better to just hold eth in this upcoming bull run? I never mined in the bull market and don't know what will happen. But the daily profits are starting to look really nice. Also, if I get cards what should I get? rx 5700? I have very cheap electricity and already mining with 5x rx580 + gtx 1080.

    submitted by /u/sadpanda03
    [link] [comments]

    Shares Accepted: Novice Miner

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    Hello fellow gpu miners! I'm just starting out mining. I'm using NBMiner with Kawpow for RVN. I have over 400 shares accepted ,a little slow I would say. I'm using Zelcore as my wallet. Just curious how fast or when should I expect any sort of updates in my wallet? I'm all for learning so throw anything you guys have. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Electronic_Potato_11
    [link] [comments]

    B250 mining expert.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 11:10 AM PDT

    Hello I am looking to build a rig and I am a little confused with teh b250 mining expert. if i want to run it at full capacity (18 rx580s) would i need to find a psu (or multiple) that has 3-24 pin connectors,3 molex connectors , 18 8 pin connectors and 18 6 pin connectors (or sata 19- for ssd also) for the risers? Am i missing something here? Can the risers power the gpu from the bottom? Am I being an idiot? Thanks. Also what cpu should I get as to not bottleneck the gpu?

    submitted by /u/bookworm1304
    [link] [comments]

    Please help a brother out B250 mining expert. No display. Please believe I have scoured reddit and google before posting

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    So...

    I got a 'new' ASUS B250 mining expert MoBo off of eBay.

    I have a

    g3900 Intel CPU Crucial 4GB ddr4 2400 ram stick Hercules 1600W PSU

    Got all my stuff finally! And was excited to get going.

    Got the rig put together. Got the ram and cpu/heatsick and fan installed on mobo

    Mounted mobo on rig

    Connected the 24 pin cable to the A slot Connected the 8pin 12v to the cpu slot

    Powered her up.... nothing on the screen.

    The CPUfan is spinning.

    The keyboard (usb2) lights up when it first boots up and then the lights on the keyboard go off.

    I have tried the following:

    My suspicions of it not actually being new were confirmed after I did a CMOS reset and found that now it doesn't automatically boot up when the PSU kicks on. It only boots after I flick the on switch. So I did a CMOS reset.

    I have tried booting it up with the Ram stick in each slot. I have tried booting up without the Ram at all.

    I mounted my brand new 1660Super to the pcie16 slot on the mobo. It lights up and It's fans start spinning. And about the same time the keyboards lights go off, the GPUs fans stop spinning.

    In all of these combinations I have tried connecting my monitor to both the HDMI cable of the mobo and the GPU.

    I get nothing. No output. No BIOS.

    I have also been able to charge my BT headphones from all of the USB ports on the mobo, indicating to me, a novice, that these ports are getting power.

    I'd like to be mining and not trouble shooting.

    If anyone here has any ideas on what to try next, I would be immensely grateful and will pay it forward ASAP.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/imanom
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment