• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 13, 2020

    GPU Mining Are there any brands of cards to stay away from for mining?

    GPU Mining Are there any brands of cards to stay away from for mining?


    Are there any brands of cards to stay away from for mining?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 11:36 PM PDT

    I'm probably going to move away from used cards only, and start buying some new AMD cards with warranties... but I don't want to find out that my warranty is cancelled because the card was used for mining....

    What companies should I stay away from?

    What memory brands should I stay away from? (looking at you hynix)

    any really good/bad experiences with RMA you can share?

    Companies I'm considering right now include XFX, Powercolor, and maybe Asrock.

    submitted by /u/8R1LL
    [link] [comments]

    Mobo suggestion for gaming/mining rig

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    i know this is not optimal but since I don't have large sum of money to invest, i want to get a gaming rig for mining in the downtime but with the possibility to upgrade down the line

    any mobo suggestions for a rig that i also want to use during the down time to play with?

    i'm going for a 4x radeon VII rig, with a ryzen 7 3700x, 1 radeon in the 16x slot and 3 radeon in the 1x slots

    i was thinking about the MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

    submitted by /u/loseryoda
    [link] [comments]

    Wondering about temps.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, I just spend the last 2 days setting up my shed for my rigs and I've been wondering about temps. They are mainly 470s and 480s and they are all sitting around 60C with ambient temps at 18C outside full sun onto the shed, I have yet to get a temp reader for inside the shed I will soon. I have 12 cards total in the shed. Would it still be ok if the cards hit 70 or no? Also I'm using SMOS and fan speed is set to min 60% and min temp 60, should I change any of that too? Thanks everyone!

    submitted by /u/TopFloorMiner
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment