• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 12, 2020

    Bitcoin Daily Discussion, August 12, 2020

    Bitcoin Daily Discussion, August 12, 2020


    Daily Discussion, August 12, 2020

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 12:00 AM PDT

    Please utilize this sticky thread for all general Bitcoin discussions! If you see posts on the front page or /r/Bitcoin/new which are better suited for this daily discussion thread, please help out by directing the OP to this thread instead. Thank you!

    If you don't get an answer to your question, you can try phrasing it differently or commenting again tomorrow.

    Join us in the r/Bitcoin Chatroom!

    Please check the previous discussion thread for unanswered questions.

    submitted by /u/rBitcoinMod
    [link] [comments]

    Bitcoin would need to hit $93,500 to become the #1 asset in the world

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    Bitcoin is currently ranked #27 in this leaderboard that tracks all types of US-traded assets by market cap.

    $93,500 by June of 2022?

    submitted by /u/FaySharp
    [link] [comments]

    Coldcard support for coins other than #btc is unparalleled.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 05:26 AM PDT

    Bitcoin Is a Fairer System That Will Boost Social Mobility for the Poor All Around the World

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 12:30 AM PDT

    MicroStrategy becomes first listed company to buy $250M in bitcoin as part of its capital allocation strategy

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 04:42 AM PDT

    "The Bitcoin Standard" or "The Internet of money"? I have no technical background

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 06:14 AM PDT

    I want to read one of those but if it's too technical I would not enjoy it, which one my friends?

    submitted by /u/Sota_de_espadas
    [link] [comments]

    Hardware Wallets come and go, but the seeds are eternal

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 07:00 PM PDT

    Hardware Wallets come and go, but the seeds are eternal

    In the ancient times of 2016, hardware wallets were the new thing. Keep your private keys off your computer, they said. Bought several Ledger Nanos (original), only 4 pictured here. Now, I get the message in the Chrome app that Ledger will no longer support this product as of September 2020 -- not even in Ledger Live.

    So, I'm going to have to upgrade and buy some Ledger X's. Guessing that 4 years from now it will be the Ledger Y and in 2030 the Ledger Z.

    Lesson, keep the seeds safe on metal and offsite or encrypted somewhere. They should still work when aliens sift through our ruins.

    2016 Relics, made Obsolete in Sept 2020

    submitted by /u/abercrombezie
    [link] [comments]

    Banksters Paradise (A Bitcoin Song) [Don’t know if this has been posted before]

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 07:31 AM PDT

    Gold down 5% / Silver down 14% / Bitcoin down 3% - Bitcoin holding up better than gold and silver

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 12:03 PM PDT

    Bitcoin is the new safe haven asset.

    Gold supply increases as price goes up, unlike bitcoin. https://i.redd.it/bmgoz0319nd51.png

    Silver is even worse, supply increases even faster, thats why it doesnt hold its gains as well as gold.

    Eventually gold will be found in aestroids and the supply will become uncapped with space travel.

    Bitcoin is safer than gold and the supply will stay capped.

    submitted by /u/atrueretard
    [link] [comments]

    Grayscale bitcoin etf bought another 3,729 Bitcoins sometime in the past 2 days

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    Remember the thread i made 2 days ago saying Grayscale bought 5,973, well they just bought another 3,729 bitcoins on top of that!

    Current:

    Shares Outstanding 423,052,100‡

    Bitcoin per Share 0.00095760‡

    = 405,114.69096 Bitcoins owned by grayscale

    2 days ago

    Shares Outstanding419,091,700‡

    Bitcoin per Share0.00095775‡

    = 401,385.075675 Bitcoins owned by grayscale

    = 3,729.61Bitcoins bought by grayscale in the past 2 days.

    OR = 9,702 Bitcoins bought by grayscale in the past 5 days!

    submitted by /u/atrueretard
    [link] [comments]

    MicroStrategy Incorporated Just Bought 21,454 Bitcoins: Here's Why!

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 02:26 PM PDT

    A mysterious group has hijacked Tor exit nodes to perform SSL stripping attacks [against Bitcoin users]

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 05:19 AM PDT

    Is there a way to create a 12 or 24 word seed and have a QR code without internet connection, because ledger nano needs to connect to internet for display the Qr code, and the Ian coleman tool does not give a QR code when of the creation of 12 or 24 words

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 03:58 AM PDT

    Sorry for my english

    submitted by /u/Firm_Ad_9801
    [link] [comments]

    Passerby wondering about hardware wallets.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    Just a passerby interested in bitcoin. What do hardware wallets do exactaly and what are the best ones?

    submitted by /u/paranoid-pirate
    [link] [comments]

    Field Report: How segwit and batching could have saved half a billion dollars in fees

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 07:25 AM PDT

    Philosophical Question regarding Recovery Phrase

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 03:32 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    After the Ledger breach from a few weeks ago I decided to switch my Ledger Blue to a Trezor Model T and transferred all my BTC to my new Trezor. Even though I know that my BTC was safe on my Ledger, I kind of felt anxious about the breach (If they can't even handle this, what else could be potentially breached?).

    With my new Trezor I decided to get a Cryptosteel to backup my recovery seed. When initiating the Trezor and writing down my Recovery Phrase, I noticed that some of the words were the same as my Ledger's phrase. E.g. Simple words like "ice" or "feed" (not in my phrase, don't worry).

    If I lose my Trezor or Ledger, I could simply purchase a new one, enter my backup phrase and I'm back in business, which is awesome.

    Now here's my question, which I've been asking myself for years now: If the words are so easy, Isn't there a teeny tiny chance that if I enter 12 commonly used words for recovery seeds, I could access someone else's wallet? And isn't it possible to do it via brute-force? Isn't this a security flaw?

    submitted by /u/36rnt
    [link] [comments]

    MicroStrategy (largest independent publicly-traded business intelligence company) adopts Bitcoin as primary treasury reserve asset

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 04:37 AM PDT

    Problem while getting an invoice payed from BlueWallet to my LN node

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 02:57 AM PDT

    Problem while getting an invoice payed from BlueWallet to my LN node

    So I tried to pay myself from BlueWallet to my lightning network node with an invoice of 50 sats.

    But when I go to pay, BlueWallet says this:

    https://preview.redd.it/whonb591ojg51.png?width=368&format=png&auto=webp&s=647cda47a2f2b96f9c28f766450b5a00430467eb

    How can I solve it? How can I start using my node as easily as I would use BlueWallet?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/nerviosus
    [link] [comments]

    The Best Way to Use Bitcoin Right Now Is as a Store of Value, Not to Pay for Coffee Daily

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 10:22 AM PDT

    Understanding how FIAT works is a good way to explain the need for bitcoin

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 06:30 PM PDT

    Best bitcoin podcasts?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 04:00 PM PDT

    Does anyone have any suggestions for some informative, interesting, and up to date bitcoin podcasts to listen to? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/realdrewbeedoo
    [link] [comments]

    Buy bitcoin with PayPal ?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 09:29 PM PDT

    Hello guys ,

    I am in a country with no access to Credit card. I want to purchase bitcoin worth of dollar 100. Somehow managed to make a PayPal account . Do anyone of you have idea why can I purchase it with PayPal with less hassle ? Would truly appreciate your suggestions.

    submitted by /u/Ikemen-1
    [link] [comments]

    Bitcoin featured in Rich Brian's latest music video

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 08:26 AM PDT

    The Current Stock Market vs The Dotcom Bubble

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 07:49 AM PDT

    Are coins block by changelly effectually lost/stolen/gone for tax-write off purposes

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 07:46 AM PDT

    2 weeks ago changelly stole 3 E t h which i wanted to convert for b t c. They demand ID and I do not wish to give it to them. I sent emails telling them they cannot legally take the coins unless proven by court that they do not belong to me. Those coins are my property.

    i have also demanded to settle by arbitration before the 30 dy deadline but no answer.

    One of their staff on reddit even said that if you refuse KYC they will refund you . Obviousy they do not.

    So are my coins gone ? I can just write this $1100 off then

    submitted by /u/donaldssucj
    [link] [comments]

    Economic Update: The FEDs Rigged Money Management

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 07:06 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment