• Breaking News

    Monday, August 26, 2019

    BTC CoinEx & ViaBTC CEO, Haipo Yang published The Story behind Bitcoin Fork.

    BTC CoinEx & ViaBTC CEO, Haipo Yang published The Story behind Bitcoin Fork.


    CoinEx & ViaBTC CEO, Haipo Yang published The Story behind Bitcoin Fork.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2019 10:03 PM PDT

    What do people who donated 50 BTC to Theymos think today? A recent thread from Bitcointalk's donor/VIP board.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2019 10:27 PM PDT

    Stealth Addresses + Confidential Transactions: what are the remaining roadblocks?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2019 09:10 PM PDT

    I'm trying to get up to speed on the tech behind privacy features for BCH. From what I can tell, a combination of Stealth Addresses and Confidential Transactions seems both (a) basically sufficient; and (b) achievable.

    As far as I can tell, all the pieces are in place to start making transactions with both hidden sender/receiver addresses AND hidden amounts possible and even reasonably cheap.

    What I'm wondering is, are there any major roadblocks left before this becomes a switch I can turn on in my wallet? Are we just waiting on wallets to implement it, or are there still hard-fork level protocol upgrades required to make this possible?

    submitted by /u/fatalglory
    [link] [comments]

    Escrow CashScript Contract for blind escrows on Bitcoin Cash!

    Posted: 25 Aug 2019 03:03 PM PDT

    Thank you Michael from local.bitcoin and @LocalEthereum for the great work!

    ``` contract Escrow( bytes20 sellerPHK, // Hash160 of seller's public key bytes20 buyerPKH, // Hash160 of buyer's public key bytes20 arbitratorPKH // Hash160 of arbitrator's public key // bytes escrowKey // Nonce (just some unimportant random bytes unique per exchange) ) { function spend( sig spenderSig, pubkey spenderPK, bytes oracleMsg, datasig oracleSig, pubkey oraclePK, bytes actionByte ) { bytes20 verifySpenderPKH = bytes20(0); bytes20 verifyOraclePKH = bytes20(0);

    if (actionByte == 0x01) { // "releaseBySeller" verifySpenderPKH = buyerPKH; verifyOraclePKH = sellerPHK; } else if (actionByte == 0x02) { // "releaseByArbitrator" verifySpenderPKH = buyerPKH; verifyOraclePKH = arbitratorPKH; } else if (actionByte == 0x03) { // "returnByBuyer" verifySpenderPKH = sellerPHK; verifyOraclePKH = buyerPKH; } else if (actionByte == 0x04) { // "returnByArbitrator" verifySpenderPKH = sellerPHK; verifyOraclePKH = arbitratorPKH; } else { // Action byte is unknown; fail. require(false); } require(hash160(oraclePK) == verifyOraclePKH); require(hash160(spenderPK) == verifySpenderPKH); // Construct message // bytes oracleMessage = escrowKey + actionByte; // Verify oracle's signature require(checkDataSig(oracleSig, oracleMsg, oraclePK)); // Verify spender's tx signature require(checkSig(spenderSig, spenderPK)); 

    } } ```

    Here is the typescript needed to transpile and run the contract. This works now on the testnet. Happy to answer any questions!

    submitted by /u/cgcardona
    [link] [comments]

    Started onboarding all the Thai places in BCH City

    Posted: 25 Aug 2019 08:21 PM PDT

    Coinbase Account Closed

    Posted: 25 Aug 2019 08:44 PM PDT

    On Friday afternoon I received an email from coinbase saying they had determined that I was breaking their TOS. My account would be closed and I could withdraw my funds. I'm not entirely sure why or how this decision was reached but nonetheless, I went through the procedure of withdrawing my funds from coinbase.

    On coinbase I had very little funds and no issues withdrawing out the little crypto I had there. The bulk of my funds that were held with Coinbase was on coinbase pro. Not being aware this would cause an issue, I withdrew the funds, cashed out and proceeded close the account and then to tried to remove my funds from coinbase pro. Here in lies the issue. There is no option for me to withdraw my funds from coinbase pro. I had a decent amount in crypto, cash and pending Bank transfers. Now I have no access. When I call in, the support line says there is no account in my number and to please call back with the right phone number etc.

    I know coinbase support can be challenging to get through to the right people. I sent an email explaining the issue and I will wait to hear back. What is the proper protocol to get my money back in a timely manner? Any suggestions or if you had this happen before and have any advice please let me know. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/redeemit
    [link] [comments]

    The "@Bitcoin" Twitter Account Hijacked by Threat-- Not sold. Roger Ver provides more information.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2019 12:53 PM PDT

    The Economics of BTC Maximalism

    Posted: 25 Aug 2019 10:51 PM PDT

    Bitcoin Cash Innovation Accelerates With Cashscript High-Level Language

    Posted: 25 Aug 2019 04:36 PM PDT

    What are BTC devs building compared to BCH devs?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2019 08:54 PM PDT

    So I'm doing a little research for something I'm putting together on the topic of building.

    I'd like to know what's being built on BTC vs BCH (I pretty much know BCH side) in terms of building and development.

    I think it will offer a great contrast and tell a good story of where the focus lies.

    If anyone has any links to actual BTC development please comment below and I'll take a look. Please leave conjecture out. I don't want opinion pieces.

    Edit: can't post this in rbitcoin as I'm banned as many are also.

    submitted by /u/kilrcola
    [link] [comments]

    "A judge has decided that the New York AG can compel Bitfinex to show them documents related to every issuance of Tether... "

    Posted: 25 Aug 2019 05:47 AM PDT

    Why miners haven't reacted to any scaling fixes?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2019 12:13 AM PDT

    Why are they delaying things? They are not even reacting towards lightning let alone did they react to segwit2x or any increase in blocksize. Could it be they are just accumulating more btc and then resolve the scaling issue? Miners truly have the power and seems like they are just playing this accumulation game slow. Main fear in bitcoin is the scaling issue. Miners are taking advantage of this fear.

    submitted by /u/RolexPresidentz
    [link] [comments]

    The Bitcoin Cash Register is Lighting fast!

    Posted: 26 Aug 2019 02:00 AM PDT

    Where are we at with hardware wallets?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2019 12:11 PM PDT

    I own a Ledger Blue. From time to time the screen doesn't respond, which is a bummer. My past dealings with their support has left me a bit gun shy about getting another device from them.

    I also own a first generation Trezor. I had some connectivity issues with it that left me.. nervous about having my cold storage on there. I know they were politically opposed to BCH at one point, but I see it listed on the supported asset page now.

    Are these two the only players? What wallet would you get today?

    submitted by /u/hiver
    [link] [comments]

    Bitcoin Cash Builds... ��

    Posted: 25 Aug 2019 06:37 AM PDT

    Anyone else getting weird PMs from this user, u/Blockchainalan, the accounts seems to be gathering info on Bitcoin (BCH) users.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2019 12:40 PM PDT

    IRS Attacking Non-Citizens/Residents Abroad -

    Posted: 25 Aug 2019 02:35 PM PDT

    Despite $100K Pledged to Charity, Intellectual Coward Adam Back Remains Silent Over Proposed Debate

    Posted: 25 Aug 2019 02:52 AM PDT

    Negative adoption: just a random example I found today

    Posted: 25 Aug 2019 12:13 PM PDT

    TOP CRYPTO TWEETS of the WEEK: Vitalik Doubts Off-Chain L2s, Garzik on Extremism, Maxi-ish

    Posted: 25 Aug 2019 03:46 PM PDT

    Digital Currency: Where China is Way Ahead of US in Innovation

    Posted: 26 Aug 2019 02:10 AM PDT

    PR: trade.io Introduces Revolutionary Blockchain Based Trade Verification DApp - Bitcoin News

    Posted: 26 Aug 2019 01:54 AM PDT

    Blockchain Platforms for Hotel Commissions: Travelport and IBM working together to build something

    Posted: 26 Aug 2019 01:52 AM PDT

    This is why we should always frustrate government attempts to surveil and control. (sorry for self link)

    Posted: 26 Aug 2019 01:35 AM PDT

    A Hypothetical: If Tether, the company, were to disappear tomorrow, how would it affect the crypto-community?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2019 01:33 AM PDT

    I'm working on this article, and I want to get different perspectives, I already have a couple of my own, which you will see below.


    THIS IS A HYPOTHETICAL

    THE CHANCES OF TETHER COLLAPSING ARE LESS LIKELY, HOWEVER, NOT ZERO.

    For the sake of the argument let's ASSUME that it does collapse. What would it be like? The initial reaction, the aftermath of it.

    I'm a curious person by nature, so don't judge.


    Things to know

    Tether has $4 billion worth of USDT in circulation, almost half of it goes to BTC, the rest gets split.

    Circulation of Tether Vs. Combined Circulation of (GUSD, TUSD, USDC, PAX)

     **(USDT)83% Vs.17% (GUSD+TUSD+USDC+PAX)** 

    The General Scenario

    Step 1: All the Tether haters + Bitfinex'd - I TOLD YOU SAY.

    Step 2: Uber PANIC and FUD, causing massive drops in price. Not gonna be surprised if it drops 50% over time.

    Step 3: If you are thinking about redirecting the volume to above-mentioned stablecoins, then let me stop you, why? Cuz, the combined supply is too less compared to the demand, which is arising out of panic selling. The money will flow to these coins, but not all of it will. So what happens to the rest?

    Step 4: Exchanges like Binance, which do not have off-ramps, and hold massive amounts of USDT, and most of the coins are paired with USDT will take a massive hit as liquidity dries out.

    Step 5: HODLERS remain intact, while traders panic and try to get out, the ones to act quickly can, but others can't, mainly, due to the lack of stablecoins to get out of the exchange. Exchanges get overloaded and shut down.

    Step 6: Alternatives to help for on/off-ramp into/out of crypto. Maybe, exchange-based ramps develop.

    Feel free to add/delete steps in the comments.


    I want to know how traders would react to this, esp, those who are actively trading with huge bags?

    1. How will they get out?
    2. Will they turn to OTC markets?
    3. Will there be a premium for selling?
    4. Would you hold BTC or other altcoins?

    Let me remind you again, the collapse is hypothetical.

    submitted by /u/mahad3v9
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment