• Breaking News

    Monday, June 4, 2018

    GPU Mining ZenCash Statement On Double Spend Attack

    GPU Mining ZenCash Statement On Double Spend Attack


    ZenCash Statement On Double Spend Attack

    Posted: 04 Jun 2018 04:56 AM PDT

    Anyone else mining 0xBTC? It’s the first mineable EIP 918 ERC20 token.

    Posted: 04 Jun 2018 02:15 AM PDT

    I'm not sure if you've heard of it or not, it's been posted a few times before. I heard about it from this subreddit. Well since I've last posted about mining this it's gone up over 250% and it's corrected to about 100% from a week ago. It got listed on Mercatox a week ago and then today IDEX. The volume in IDEX for 0xBTC has tripled the amount for BNTY and alike. It's mineable, it never had an ICO, there are only 3,500 holders, the market cap is at $4.5M so far and with a price of $1.65 currently and a 21,000,000 maximum supply (2.7m circulating), this token is highly undervalued. No premine, the developer of the smart contract made it so that it cannot ever be changed, only interacted with, they are locked away in the contact and are only minted through PoW, a modified SHA256 to prevent current ASICS from working. You can still get in on the ground floor. If you want to be early you can. This coin is also very profitable to mike right now, about 40% higher than the top WTM profitability. I'm losing money telling you miners about this, but I think it's time you all deserve to know. I've learned lots from you guys and it's time I give back. Of course DYOR as with anything, and make your own conclusions. Hop in the discord and talk to some people.

    Helpful links: https://medium.com/@0xK/the-what-the-why-and-the-how-of-0xbitcoin-5c635fe2df6b

    https://reddit.com/r/Tokenmining/comments/7xx9st/so_you_want_to_mine_0xbitcoin/

    https://reddit.com/r/0xbitcoin/comments/8ewvo9/miner_cosmic_v34t_cuda_miner_for_windows_64_linux/

    I am not directly affiliated with 0xBTC, but I have been mining it for about a month now. I've already made enough to pay off my rig so I hire I'd tell you guys. Remember DYOR! This is just a heads up.

    https://discord.gg/VHyaguw

    submitted by /u/superbleester
    [link] [comments]

    Running a Surge Protector + Smart Outlet

    Posted: 04 Jun 2018 08:29 AM PDT

    I'm currently running my rig on a smart outlet that allows me to switch my power on and off remotely in case I need to reboot the rig using Smart Things.

    I would like to use this surge protector with my rig:

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000513O4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

    My question is, should I put in my smart plug into the wall outlet and plug the surge protector into that outlet so control the whole surge protector, or should I plug the surge protector into the wall and have the smart outlet plunged into the protector? Either way works for my application, I just wonder what way would be the best.

    submitted by /u/chuckst3r
    [link] [comments]

    Mining Rig Guide in German

    Posted: 04 Jun 2018 04:16 AM PDT

    Hello Miners!

    Just want to share my Mining Rig Guide for people who can understand or speak German just in case there are some out there who may have problems with the English language. Hope this helps.

    Link to my guide: https://www.howtobitcoin.de/mining-rig-guide/

    P.S: If this counts as advertising or spam, the authors can remove the thread of course

    submitted by /u/horstmanuel
    [link] [comments]

    53 GPU Summer heat solution

    Posted: 03 Jun 2018 11:40 AM PDT

    Zencash falls to 51% attack, time to limit rental of hashpower? (Talks about switching algorithms against Asic)

    Posted: 04 Jun 2018 08:44 AM PDT

    Cheap Fan + Fan controller kit?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2018 06:44 AM PDT

    Looking for 4-6 fans + a fan controller compatible with an Asus B250 mobo and a Strider 1300 Titanium PSU. I've already used up all of the molex connectors for graphics cards so I'd need to be using sata to power the case fans.

    submitted by /u/AscendantPrivilege
    [link] [comments]

    Monthly Simple Questions Thread

    Posted: 03 Jun 2018 08:10 PM PDT

    Thanks to /r/buildapc, we're stealing this periodic thread idea! Thanks guys!


    This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we strongly suggest checking the sidebar and searching before posting!).

    Examples of questions:

    • What should I mine?

    • Is this build good enough to mine?

    • Which PSU should I get for _____ GPUs?

    Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

    Please remember that we're here to HELP you, not do it for you.

    Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for /r/gpumining mods? We welcome your mod mail!


    Previous Threads:

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I knew profit was down but this is ridiculous

    Posted: 04 Jun 2018 04:05 AM PDT

    Exhaust fan fail safe ideas?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2018 11:26 PM PDT

    I have my rig in a grow tent and a fan sucks the air out. Works great. Anyone have a moderately inexpensive solution to killing the rig if the exhaust fan dies?

    submitted by /u/phatal808
    [link] [comments]

    Claymore Ethereum Miner CUDA Error- Cannot allocate big buffer for DAG.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2018 09:11 PM PDT

    I have a rig 6 x GTX 1070 Ti and beginning yesterday, I noticed a drastic drop in Hshrate so I checked on it and it's showing:

    CUDA error - cannot allocate big buffer for DAG. Check readme/txt for possible solutions. GPU 2, CUDA error 11 - cannot write buffer for DAG.

    Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

    I have tried: re-installing GPU driver, installed the newest version of Claymore mining, tried increasing the virtual memory, tried inserting "-eres 0" and "-eres 1."

    It has never happened, but for 3 of my 5 rigs are experiencing this and all of my GPU are GTX 1060 6GBs and GTX 1070 Ti 8GBs.

    I hope someone has a solution.

    submitted by /u/ygryu
    [link] [comments]

    1200W PSU vs 4 1070 + 2 1070Ti

    Posted: 03 Jun 2018 08:31 PM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I have a AX1200i PSU that had no problem running 6 1070 cards. Each of those cards only required one PCIe cable. I had to RMA 2 of these 1070 cards to get repaired as they were not working right. I put in 2 1070Ti cards (MSI) and each of these has the 8-pin + 6-pin power connectors. I can get one card to work fine using 2 PCIe power cables... but when I try to add the 2nd 1070Ti the mining rig doesn't want to power on. Do I need to upgrade my PSU for something more powerful? What do people do when they have 6 cards requiring the 8-pin+6-pin PCIe power connectors?

    submitted by /u/epicaricacy12
    [link] [comments]

    Putting mining rig outside?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2018 09:10 AM PDT

    Hi! im moving into a new apartment this summer, and its a much smaller apartment than the one i live in now. There is really not much room for the mining rig, and even if i could make some space for it, it would be too loud and the apartment would get way to hot.

    We do have some outdoor space, under a balcony and i was wondering if anyone has an idea on how i could have my rig outside? there is a lot of rain in my town, so it would have to be waterproof.

    Thanks for any suggestions!

    submitted by /u/ThiaSCSGOSkins
    [link] [comments]

    Running into a fan/temp bug with V56/64 + FE setup... Anyone ever seen this before? My V56 (GPU3) is registering the temp/*stuck fan speed @1992RPM of the Vega FE, while the Vega FE (GPU 8) is registering GPU3's actual temp/fan speed.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2018 06:12 PM PDT

    MSI Motherboard Difference

    Posted: 03 Jun 2018 05:13 PM PDT

    Im looking at a MSI Z270-A Pro series motherboard for a 6 GPU for my first ever RIG

    Ive heard good things as this being one of the best Motherboards for mining

    Problem is hard to find in Australia and shipping from US can get pricey

    Main question is I can get a MSI Z370-A Pro for around the same price locally

    Wanting to know what the difference is as I cant find anything significant

    submitted by /u/funktrain321
    [link] [comments]

    How to power 3 risers if your PSU only has 3 PCIe slots for the 3 GPU's

    Posted: 03 Jun 2018 10:52 AM PDT

    The recommended wiring diagram: https://i.imgur.com/E8FLOEy.png

    I have these risers, but I don't want to use the 6-pin to SATA connectors to power them from my SATA cable from my PSU. How should I go about this? https://www.amazon.com/Riser-VOLADOR-Express-Powered-Adapter/dp/B074P34647/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1528048301&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=pci+riser&psc=1

    submitted by /u/Lied-
    [link] [comments]

    How to Mine Zcash and Ether with the Pandaminer

    Posted: 04 Jun 2018 12:18 AM PDT

    Questions about adding minding GPU to computer

    Posted: 03 Jun 2018 04:28 PM PDT

    Sorry for the noob question, but I'm thinking about wading into mining by adding a GPU dedicated to mining to the computer I use all day.

    My computer has an Nvidia Quadro card that I use for CAD design. Would it be at all feasible to add an AMD card to mine in the background? Would my whole computer slow down terribly? Any advice on starting mining by adding a GPU to current system would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/mcarter7000
    [link] [comments]

    Six 1050ti Rig Profitability?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2018 03:55 PM PDT

    I am planning to build a low budget rig. Do you guys think this would be profitable? Btw I live in an area where it cost .30 per KWH.

    submitted by /u/PilotFanatic287
    [link] [comments]

    Nvidia computex press conference live!

    Posted: 03 Jun 2018 09:44 PM PDT

    RIP GPU?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2018 02:24 PM PDT

    One of my 570's is now crashing one of my rigs. I take the GPU off and the rig is rock solid again. I tried shuffling it around/changing risers/increasing power. No dice. I tested to see if i had a short somewhere by placing the GPU on another rig and it crashed that rig as well.

    The rig will mine for about a minute then windows will completely crash. Claymore log doesn't add any help.

    Windows 10 biostar tb85 6x 570s 16gb ram 120ssd

    temps (including villain GPU) running normal. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/PunnysaurusRex
    [link] [comments]

    BTM Bytom Windows Miner For Nvidia Cards

    Posted: 03 Jun 2018 11:52 AM PDT

    Which one is the best GPU miner in your mind? Antminer? PandaMiner? or DIY?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2018 08:31 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment