• Breaking News

    Monday, April 9, 2018

    GPU Mining I post what my small farm brings in every Sunday. This week a little better @ $758. Feedback appreciated! Trying to improve my A/V.

    GPU Mining I post what my small farm brings in every Sunday. This week a little better @ $758. Feedback appreciated! Trying to improve my A/V.


    I post what my small farm brings in every Sunday. This week a little better @ $758. Feedback appreciated! Trying to improve my A/V.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2018 02:20 PM PDT

    Official "CryptonightV7 devs are GODS!!!!" thread

    Posted: 08 Apr 2018 12:27 PM PDT

    Discuss.

    submitted by /u/notapokerpro
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone using a big tower with 3 GPU´s for mining? (Closed not open air)

    Posted: 09 Apr 2018 05:50 AM PDT

    Hey guys, i asked this question like 1 month ago and I just want more informations. Hey guys! Found this subreddit today and asked this questions in other subreddits, too. But no one really helped me. I have currently a be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 case. 2 GPUs: 1x EVGA 1080 Ti Hybrid 1x Zotac GTX 1070 (2 Fans) 6 HDDs CPU : i7 8700k watercooled. I want to put a third GPU in it, a Vega56 or a other GTX 1080Ti. So my problem is, im not really experienced with the temperature of a closed rig and i dont want to burn my house down. There is like 2-4cm space between my GPUs. If i put there a third GPU in it, it would look like this

    First GPU watercooled 2-4cm space Second GPU Fan cooled 2-3 Fans 2-4cm space Third GPU Fan cooled 2-3 Fans 5cm space PSU Seasonic 1000W Titanium

    Anyone give me some advice for it? And no i dont want a open air rig, if I would have this option i would have it already. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Werwolf512
    [link] [comments]

    Housing a Titan Xp card outside the PC case

    Posted: 09 Apr 2018 07:55 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    i just received a Titan Xp for running machine learning experiments - each experiment is expected to run for days/weeks.

    i tried to fit it into my PC case (there's already a Titan X in it), but unfortunately it's a bit compact - everything is crammed, and I would need to move things around a bit for make it fit. Also, the Titan X and the Xp will sit next to each other, so I think there might be some heating problem.

    My idea is that I can make the GPU card sit outside the case. I just bought some PCIe extenders from Amazon - what's a cheap and safe alternative for an external case?

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/negazirana
    [link] [comments]

    "The Cryptocurrency Miner's Guide to Taxes"

    Posted: 08 Apr 2018 02:47 PM PDT

    Future of mining

    Posted: 08 Apr 2018 12:21 PM PDT

    So the market is finally looking like it may have hit the bottom and things are starting to look brighter. What's your opinion on the future of GPU mining when ASICs are becoming more and more readily available for various algorithms? To achieve a better decentralised economy you would think more cryptos would become ASIC resistant but it seems to me that many of the top coins are not too bothered. I think as a GPU community we should give strong support to the ASIC resistant coins and look towards mining them. If ASICs were to dominate, some of the fundamental principles of blockchain technology would become obsolete such as decentralisation. If BitMain performs most of the verifications on the network then surely it just becomes more centralised as their monopoly grows. So my question is do you feel the community/developers can put up a fight agains the ASICs or do you feel GPU mining slowly declining until it is no longer profitable?

    submitted by /u/Crypto_General
    [link] [comments]

    guys which monero wallet do you recommend?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2018 08:43 PM PDT

    First time mining xmr because of the v7 thing but I have no clue which local wallet is good. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/jcabia
    [link] [comments]

    Cryptonight v7 Afterburner settings?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2018 03:49 PM PDT

    I have 3x RX570 8GB and 3x 1080ti I am wondering if anyone can give me a good start point for cryptonight v7algorithm and I can tweak from there. Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/BitCoinGuy17
    [link] [comments]

    When my uncle proudly starts telling the whole family about my Crypto Mining "business"

    Posted: 08 Apr 2018 03:25 PM PDT

    Buying MasterNodes - More potential than GPUs?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2018 08:29 AM PDT

    With the decline in GPU profits and the issue of ASICs have any of you taken up any masternodes?

    They seem a good way to gain passive income without worrying about GPU efficiency/difficulty and ASICS. The problem seems to be that the masternode coins last a month and then complete fall off.

    I have spent a bit of time looking through old (2017) posts and then looked at the price of those coins now, many of them have dropped 90% while BTC lost 50%

    Obsidian seems to be one that was recommended, it's $0.087 right now down from ~$2 in January (when crypto was hitting crazy prices) even before that in 2017 the cost was 4-5x as much.

    Now could be a good time to buy, if you make the assumption that crypto prices are at least stable right now.

    With GPU's now taking 2-4 years to break even it looks a nice option to buy coins and gain dividends on that, assuming the coin you invest in holds it's value then you would have nothing but gains.

    I'm certainly not stopping GPU mining, I just think masternodes (picked correctly) could be an income booster and if coin prices went up it seems you could be gaining 50%+ a year.

    Is anybody doing this?

    submitted by /u/UltraBallUK
    [link] [comments]

    How to export zen transactions to csv using block explorer?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2018 06:34 PM PDT

    Is the only way to manually import it?

    submitted by /u/areddituser46
    [link] [comments]

    GPU inbreeding - Nvidia for gaming, AMD for mining, all in the same rig

    Posted: 08 Apr 2018 12:58 PM PDT

    So I've found bits and pieces of the answer to this set of questions, but nothing complete yet as I keep running into problems. I currently have a hacked-together Ryzen system with 4 x 570's (well two are 470's) that used to be my gaming rig before I slowly added to it, turning it into a beautiful disaster of a gaming-mining hybrid rig.

    My original idea was to keep it mining most of the time, but when I come home from work, maybe switch off a couple GPU's in Claymore and fire up some gamez. Well this became problematic once I actually went through the process of setting it up, like flashing the modded BIOSes with tighter timings; setting the GPU workload from Graphics to Compute in Radeon settings; dealing with the ahem, wonderful """quirks""" of Crossfire; and realizing that even if I switch off mining on GPU 0 and 1 in claymore (which, being meant for gaming, are the only ones hooked up to the mobo's PCI-E 16x slots - the other 2 are on risers), games will still try to use all 4 GPU's indiscriminately, even the ones on 1x PCI lanes.

    The thing is though, I'm not actually sure what all is conclusively going wrong here, like if it's Crossfire's fault, or if it's the modded BIOSes, or if it actually makes a difference if games use the 1x cards too as long as they have enough firepower from the two 16x cards... etc.

    Anyway I was thinking a simple solution would be to just buy a cheap GTX 1070, hook that up to the 16x as the only gaming card, and then put all 4 570's on risers. Could someone tell me though, if:

    1. Nvidia cards require any kind of BIOS modding to reach their full mining potential? I was under the impression that they did not, and this way I could just relegate the AMD cards with their weird special BIOS's to be mining-only, while the 1070 remains flexible for both mining+gaming.
    2. If I got a 1070, if there's any easy way to set games to ONLY use that and ignore the other GPU's while they keep mining away on claymore?

    If I'm good to go on those, then I might just do it, so I can freely game again, while also adding a little hashing power to my system.

    submitted by /u/Amb1valence
    [link] [comments]

    gpu miner with virtual machine hardware

    Posted: 08 Apr 2018 10:15 PM PDT

    I need to build a rig that I can mine to 3 different address. I figure I can do that using virtual machine (unraid)? I wanted to get comments if my hardware is correct to do so and if not what can I improve to make my rig run smoother or more efficient . Im not sure if changing cpu,ram or larger hd would help? I plane to run 2 gups per address. This is what I was thinking to build.

    (6) EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING - MSI Pro Series Intel Z270 DDR4 - PCI-E 16x to 1x Risers - Ballistix Sport LT 4GB Single DDR4 RAM - Intel BX80677G3930 7th Gen Celeron - SanDisk SSD PLUS 120GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 1200W Platinium - windows 10 -

    thanks

    submitted by /u/nibor100
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone seeing mining estimates go up the past week?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2018 11:28 AM PDT

    I haven't been tracking actual payouts very closely but the few times I've checked on my rig Awesome miner is showing 7-8 bucks a day whereas a week or so ago it was down to 4 or 5.

    Anyone else seeing an uptick at all?

    submitted by /u/BodyByCake
    [link] [comments]

    Rx 500x spotted!

    Posted: 08 Apr 2018 01:16 PM PDT

    It should look like that? ASUS b250 msi gtx1080 ASUs gtx1070 (3x1070 still waiting to install)

    Posted: 08 Apr 2018 12:41 PM PDT

    How did you guys get to where you are now gpumining?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2018 08:53 AM PDT

    I've noticed there has been alot of salty people around, and general fud. People love to talk shit about the new miners entering this space. What I am really curious is what brought everyone around in the first place and the resources they used to learn and get to the point they are at today. I decided to hedge a bit when my portfolio was up and have always has a great time with tech in general and figured this would be a great way to learn some new skills in an area I've always been interested in and possibly expand into machine learning, folding, ai, etc down the road or have a pretty beast of a 3d modelling and rendering PC.

    I guess is what I'm asking is, have you guys learned your computer/pc building/mining skills formally, is this an extension of a previous or current profession, are you a complete Google fu ninja learning through hands on experience, do you just hate centralized banks and fiat so much that it drove you to ditch your hard earned rubles, yen, dollars, or x and dive into this space?

    This has been a very interesting journey for me. It reminds me of building a 3d printer from scratch and all the tweaking, tuning, and general costly fuck ups it comes with (albiet at a much more expensive level). I personally have been trying to figure out why the hell my I can't get my 3rd Nvidia gpu to be recognized by my Mobo after trying to tweak the bios, new risers, trying an amd card to see if the Mobo is just having issues with the architecture. All of which have not solved anything, but so far I'm enjoying it. Are you guys speculative miners, or bottom line profit roi guys?

    Anyway thank all you guys, even the salty bastards, this sub has been a great tool.

    Tldr; why do you mine and how did you get to the point where you confidently can mine, or troubleshoot?

    submitted by /u/hookka
    [link] [comments]

    5x MSI Radeon 580 8GB OC- Rig is not giving enough return

    Posted: 08 Apr 2018 01:19 PM PDT

    Hey there First of all i would like to apologize about the title i tried to come up with a better one but that is the best i could do :(.

    I have a Rig with - MSI Radeon 580 8gb OC (5x) - AMD Phenom(tm) II x2 550 processors 3.1GHZ - 4GB RAM - 60GB HDD - Windows 10 64 Bit

    Its been almost 2 months since i installed it. I am using it without overclocking for now and running with claymore against Nano-pool. I am not even doing any dual mining and the only ether i earned are 0.229 with hash rate of 87 MH. I thought if i try nice hash may be i will see a difference but when i ran nice hash it gave 0.5 dollar a day(that was yesterday).

    I apologize if the information i gave is too general but please feel free to ask for more details.

    It will be really great if you could help me.

    submitted by /u/alineutron
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment