• Breaking News

    Friday, March 30, 2018

    Litecoin What this sub has turned into:

    Litecoin What this sub has turned into:


    What this sub has turned into:

    Posted: 29 Mar 2018 08:28 PM PDT

    @MLPFrank: Looking to hire people who can make sending #Litecoin payments over SMS a reality. Message me if interested and lets bring Litecoin to more people.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2018 09:26 AM PDT

    PSA: Bitmain is selling off our email address info to spammers

    Posted: 30 Mar 2018 07:45 AM PDT

    I have a policy of using <company>@<my domain> whenever I sign up for an online account, since <any address>@<my domain> comes to my email account. This lets me track who is selling my contact information because if I receive an email from <company A> which has <company B>@<my domain> as the email target, I know that <company B> has sold/informed <company A> about me.

    This morning, I received an email from liteBit.eu. It was spam, of course, the 'your invoice' link was a link to some vet site, nothing to do with crypto at all. The interesting thing is:

    • That it was sent to bitmain@<my domain>, thus telling me who sold the address
    • Also, it had the first line of the delivery address that I sent my miners to.

    Now I co-locate my miners, and no other company has ever been given the co-location address. This puts the ball firmly in Bitmain's park.

    They are selling our contact details to spammers.

    submitted by /u/ThrudTheBarbarian
    [link] [comments]

    Time for an honest conversation. How and what, as a community, can we do better to support adoption of ltc

    Posted: 30 Mar 2018 07:03 AM PDT

    Now that the bear market has flushed away many of the short term thinkers, I want to have a post about what I think we can try to work on into this year, and where our deficiencies lie. These are only my opinions, so I hope it will spur a good conversation in a broader sense as well.

    I think we need: 1) A community driven road map for what we want in a wallet. (u/losh11 is hard at work on this for mobile, but a community driven road map would be a great way to guide the efforts and involve the community). 2) More women. Traditionally, women make more purchase decisions than men, so understanding unfulfilled needs that could be fulfilled by ltc is important. Further than that, women generally have a different thought process that is very important to include in discussions. We need great minds working on current limitations, and half the world's greatest minds are women. 3) A mission statement for ltc. What does it do better than fiat? Why should someone use ltc over the USD, euro, pound, ect? 4) identify the existing problems and potential solutions in an easy to follow way. Scalability, fungibility, and user adoption come to mind first, with bigger blocks, lightning network, more merchant processors come to mind as some hurdles and their respective solutions, but we should do a better job laying it out there.

    What problems do you see with ltc? The tech? The community? The reputation of either? Charlie has been a good leader in the space (albeit a bit of a trolly one, but who isn't really), but he can't be the only face of litecoin because in the end, he is only one man. This is a call to rally! Let's start something great in ltc from this day forth.

    submitted by /u/BOMinvest
    [link] [comments]

    Site where I can see every litecoin buy and sell?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2018 11:07 AM PDT

    Is there a website where I can look at every buy and sell of litecoin just to see the kind of amounts being sold and bought at the moment?

    submitted by /u/Evolutiondd
    [link] [comments]

    Watch out for this scam

    Posted: 29 Mar 2018 08:34 PM PDT

    A Brief Overview of How Hardware Wallets Work (@7:32, ~2 min)

    Posted: 30 Mar 2018 10:36 AM PDT

    Free sci-fi novel featuring Litecoin: "Strength in Numbers"

    Posted: 30 Mar 2018 05:32 AM PDT

    Coinbase, and wallets...

    Posted: 30 Mar 2018 10:46 AM PDT

    I've purchased several litecoins through Coinbase. The subreddit for Coinbase is riddled with complaints and accusations of fraud. I am very technologically impaired, and have no idea how cryprocurrency wallets work. Sounds intimidating.

    Am I in deep trouble if my litecoins remain on my Coinbase account? How likely is it that all the litecoin I've purchased can just up and vanish? Is putting everything into a "wallet" difficult?

    I have one friend who used it, sold his coins, and everything went smoothly and worked out just fine, but the subreddit makes it sound like a trap. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks, guys.

    submitted by /u/babachoo
    [link] [comments]

    Peercoin is coming out with PeerAssets (colored coin protocol) that can be ported on to LTC.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2018 09:23 AM PDT

    We'd probably get tokenized assets faster with PeerAssets (PA). It would diverge a bit from the BTC roadmap. If interoperability between btc/ltc sidechains is possible (which might be because I recently learned sidechains would be Atomic Swap compatible with btc and other sidechains) then perhaps we should just wait for RSK. I just haven't heard from RSK camp on a timeline for when they'll bring it onto LTC.

    Also, I recently learned PA would be AS compatible with the RSK protocol.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/ecurrencyhodler
    [link] [comments]

    Exploring what fees will looks like on the Lightning Network with Atomic Swaps

    Posted: 29 Mar 2018 09:48 PM PDT

    For some reason when I post hope for LTC, I get nastiest venom. But I don't care. Here's a analysis from Tom Lee on why BTC will succeed (I believe LTC along with it)

    Posted: 29 Mar 2018 04:49 PM PDT

    Most resources in crypto directed at BS projects. Longterm, few projects will remain, shifting resources in mass. Goal for LTC is to foresee needs of incoming majority and carve out a niche around those needs with strong tech. LTC Devs need to double as wayseers.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2018 02:48 PM PDT

    Should also add.. community needs to HELP devs be the wayseers. We are in this together.

    submitted by /u/phreak303
    [link] [comments]

    One of the 2018's most important conferences in Crypto

    Posted: 29 Mar 2018 03:06 PM PDT

    My Story So Far

    Posted: 30 Mar 2018 02:45 AM PDT

    I'd like to start by saying thank you to all. This is a very educationally lurkable sub, and a very informative sub. There's so much speculation, and I've never listened to any of it. Nobody has any clue what's going to happen, I just do my own thing.

    I came in just before the new year and lurked until just after the ATH (so far). I bought .7Ł at about AUD$330, and saw it drop to 275. I had faith. I did a mild amount of research, and I learned a lot from lurking this sub. Thank you for all your help and information. I bought another fraction at 275. It then dropped more, and I bought another fraction at 230. This produced my first whole litecoin. I was pretty proud. I still am very proud. I got a 3 pack of opendimes and put it on one immediately. That beautiful stick sits beside me every night. I have faith, I know one day, maybe in a year, maybe in nine years, it'll break 1k. I'll be able to shove that stick in the faces of those who told me I wasted my money. I know that one day, the time for such gloating will come.

    I continued to purchase small fractions where I could. I continued to watch the price fall. I last bought at 175. I put in some dollars yesterday, but it won't hit the market until after Easter, at which point this market would have stabilised, and Ł will be breaking back up to $200. I just have a gut feel about this one and because my luck. I recently had some bad luck in life, and after a favour, I owed a friend a slab. However, a week prior he had asked me about crypto. I told him it's a risk I took, and I only did it because I did a bit of research and I believe in it. Instead of a slab, I gave him .3Ł on an opendime. Another hodler among us.

    After Easter, the funds will clear, and I'll be near to my second entire ŁTC. Charts say it hit $150 an hour or two ago, and I'm sitting here waiting for my funds to clear. It's already beginning the climb back up. On one hand, I do hope the price stays low where I'm comfortable to buy. But more than that, I know one day we'll all be up there, among the stars, sharing our joy with Buzz and Neil.

    Buy when you want, sell when you want. I've come to learn regret is a part of this. I'm past regretting this. Let go of the regret, hodl the faith. GG

    submitted by /u/Urukhylian
    [link] [comments]

    Lack of transparency in LitePay

    Posted: 29 Mar 2018 12:43 PM PDT

    Engineered Down???Futures Changed Market???

    Posted: 29 Mar 2018 02:01 PM PDT

    A friend I believe is worth $100M (real estate), is an old fashioned gold bug - but he has asked me about crypto over the last six months. When he saw the futures market enter for BTC, he said: "You watch. Now they are going to play around with it for a while - test it out." I let the comment pass. But seeing what has happened recently, his words are haunting me a bit. Does anyone think the INSTITUTIONAL investors have always had a "three year plan" they are going through right now - before they come full hog into crypto? If so, I guess I would feel both happy and sickened that even this market - can be completely made by the higher powers. So much for decentralization - if all the mined coins are bought up by the biggest players. Agree or disagree? I am not sure yet.

    submitted by /u/danpolage
    [link] [comments]

    Strong Women in Crypto

    Posted: 30 Mar 2018 08:11 AM PDT

    Question About Coinomi Wallet After Update

    Posted: 29 Mar 2018 01:50 PM PDT

    Now my LTC wallet has 3 addresses Should I be using the default or compatibility one? Default starts with ltc compatibility starts with MH

    submitted by /u/Zach_Not_Zack
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment