• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 7, 2018

    GPU Mining This is what my 1080ftw apparently did to my z270

    GPU Mining This is what my 1080ftw apparently did to my z270


    This is what my 1080ftw apparently did to my z270

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 06:05 AM PST

    GTX 1080 Equihash Profitability V.2

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 07:37 PM PST

    Why are people still buying $999 1080Ti?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 04:00 PM PST

    It makes $3 per day before electricity cost and before build cost. You'll never see your money back people unless your coin soars, but if that's the case, just buy that coin instead!

    submitted by /u/I_LOVE_NICEHASH
    [link] [comments]

    What alt coins are you mining?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 10:53 PM PST

    We just started our pool a few days ago at upthehash for the intention to bring in people mining RVN coins. Before we list other coins, we wanted to see what coins people are mining. We will list coins based on popular and high potential coins. Let us know!

    Website Discord Subreddit Twitter

    submitted by /u/mstr_p4nd4
    [link] [comments]

    Latency Issues - Ping vs Miner Console's

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 04:36 AM PST

    Hello, I'm having a problem with my latency.

    Pardon me, my only viable option is 3g/4g connection as the miner's location is very remote.

    Let's take nanopool as an example.

    When I ping thru eth-asia1.nanopool.org, it shows ~100ms

    But when I try to connect it thru claymore, whenever it submits a share, it showing ~300ms latency.

    What gives?

    That is the closest server.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/dugyitla
    [link] [comments]

    $70 Chinese GTX 1050 2GB 192 BITS SCAM?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 08:19 AM PST

    Hey Guys! Just noticed someone on ebay selling these GTX 1050 2GB cards for $70... I know sometimes things that look to good to be true generally are, but this guy has 99% positive feedback at 3,000 ratings.

    To my knowledge these cards are not 192 bits... and the core speeds don't seem to match either.... is this a scam? are they a different card re branded? At this price it's doesn't seem like a huge risk to buy one and see, specially since ebay has pretty good safeguards for fakes and I'm sure worst case scenario I'll be out of $70 for a month....

    Just wanting to hear you out...

    I know in the past there has been an issue with GTX 960's

    Link https://www.ebay.com/itm/302659805026

    Edit These is 6% ebay bucks and 4% ebates, so in theory these will be $60 cards after all.

    submitted by /u/Bufarete
    [link] [comments]

    How Can I Earn Your Hash Power?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 10:26 PM PST

    It's that simple. I am trying to launch a long-term, reliable and trustworthy mining pool. After feeling scammed on other pools over and over, I put lots of time and energy into creating a reliable pool with low fees and good support from an owner that genuinely cares about miners on the pool (because I'm a small miner myself ~25 amd gpu).

    I would love to know how I can get you to give my pool a chance. It's hard to start a pool because nobody wants to start mining if nobody is already mining. This is the hardest part. I have my rigs on the pool. I am buying paid advertising in several places (soon on Reddit also).

    You tell me - what can I do for YOU. As a pool owner, I am humbly at your service. I welcome any suggestions and/or criticism.

    Thank you for your time, I appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/SmashPool
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone working in gpu wholesale/retail? Is the demand subsiding?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 12:03 AM PST

    Since the profits are steadily falling, at least according whattomine, has anyone noticed a drop in demand? I'm guessing a lot of people whatching at it for the first time might not consider buying at the moment since it's not as great a return that it was.

    I myself have been coinhunting for 2-3x profits but its a stresfull full time job...

    submitted by /u/gunray880
    [link] [comments]

    pool.btcprivate.org issues

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 06:54 AM PST

    Has anyone here received a payout from the dev pool in the past 12 hours? I was averaging .01 BTCP every 2-3 hours up until last night but haven't received a payment in the past 13 hours even though my miner is working fine and connecting to their pool without issues. Also their site is down so I am unable to check the stats to see if difficulty went up or if they are just holding payments until they get the site issues fixed. I did switch pools but would like to continue to use the dev pool to help support them just want to make sure Im getting my coin out of it :)

    submitted by /u/adroc
    [link] [comments]

    My prediction as far as the current & upcoming new GPU demand...

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 06:42 AM PST

    When the 20 series come out, there will be LOTS of hype, people looking to sell their current cards for the new cards dumping them on eBay. But soon people realize:

    • Hashrate isn't as good as they thought
    • Price is higher & break even point is now even longer
    • Scrambles to buy more 1080's and older cards
    • Demand shoots up higher raising the price of the old cards
    • Newcomers buy the new cards thinking they will get rich in six months
    • Newcomers realize they jumped into the game too late
    • A year from now there will be abundance of 20-series card Nvidia can't sell

    I could be totally wrong but just my 2 cents from the Clueless Miner.

    submitted by /u/cluelessminer
    [link] [comments]

    NicaHash HashRate problems

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 06:32 AM PST

    So I benchmark my rx480's and each one gets around 27mh/s on DaggerHashimoto, but when I start mining, it shows it's only mining at 18mh/s eachone. What is happening?.

    submitted by /u/Kachuplei
    [link] [comments]

    Is flypool's vardiff broken?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 05:52 AM PST

    I'm just a small time miner with a couple of cards mining almost exclusively ZEC at Flypool.

    Just recently I started mining a bit of Bitcoin Private at the official pool and noticed some behaviour that seems to be very different. In the DSTM console I can regularly see the server changing the difficulty. On reading up on vardiff I realised that this was to get a regular stream of shares from my miners (though those shares would be worth less overall).

    Flypool never, ever seems to change the difficulty after the initial connection, or if it does it does it in a way that doesn't trigger DSTM to display a message. The rate at which my miners find shares on Flypool is dramatically less than on the BTC Private official pool.

    Should I consider mining ZEC somewhere else?

    EDIT: after a brief check I think Nanopool works the same way, it sets the difficulty once and doesn't change it. Is that better, or worse, for me than the way that the BTCP pool works I wonder?

    submitted by /u/davew_uk
    [link] [comments]

    This is running 3 gpus. 2 1070s and 1080. What can I do to increase daily payout?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 05:49 AM PST

    Low hashrate all of a sudden?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 11:37 PM PST

    Hey guys running 6 Rx 580 8gb was hashing at 180mh now 103mh on claymore mining eth.

    I've tried reinstalling drivers and reflashing cards could I please have some help. I am happy to tip you in eth. Thanks

    submitted by /u/asteRiqz
    [link] [comments]

    API for average block time

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 05:30 AM PST

    Does anyone have a reference to a site that provides a current per coin average block time on their respective network? Most pools have it for their given pool but I'm looking for the network level.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/nzbmets
    [link] [comments]

    Golem?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 03:04 AM PST

    My understanding is that once/if this project is ever completed it will provide a way to mine basically "eternally" (or at least until rendering becomes dirt cheap). Is this correct? How far off the ground is the project now?

    submitted by /u/firekil
    [link] [comments]

    GTX 1060 6Gb oc settings for Ethminig

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 02:54 AM PST

    Hello All,

     

    I'm creating this post to give myself a better understanding of algorithm and overclocking. I have search for this and i have found so many topic that instead of getting more knowledge i'm now even more confused.

     

    If recently started to poke around in the mining scene, i have 2x GTX 1060 6GB (asus strix, micron memory) and 1x GTX 970 (KFA2 HOF) which performs almost the same as the gtx 1060. I started mining on win10 but switched over to HiveOS as i'm having stable overclock.

     

    When using win10 with default OC settings i used awesome miner to mine to MPH, but when i switch to HiveOS i have been primary focused on Equihash. But now i want to educate myself on Ethash from the Googling i have done i have come to understand that Ethash does not make much use of core clock that's why people go -200 But i would like to know if this is correct.

     

    Right now with my current OC for Equihash is GTX 1060 6Gb +75 Core +600 Memory and power limit is set to 110W (this is how hiveos sets power limit in Watt not in %) GTX 970 4Gb +75 Core +750 Memory and power limit is set to 150W

    Gtx 1060 is getting about 320 sol/s and the gtx 970 around 290 sol/s. Both cards running stable at 68c degree ( i would like it lower)

     

    I recently switch to Ethash mining and i notice both cards get about 22 Mh/s so combined around 40-45 Mh/s. However the rig crashes due to the overlock and its not running stable at all. On windows i get 19.5 Mh/s with my GTX 1060 and 22 with GTX 970 with similar OC settings. On HiveOS i get 22-24 MH/s on the GTX 1060 and around 22 on the GTX 970 with similar settings however very unstable.

     

    So after this long text my question basically is.. how can i tweak this better. Do i need lower core clock = less power and increase the memory clock?

     

    tl;dr

    Read so many topics on OC, that i got even more confused. Seeking help with Ethash mining with oc settings 2x GTX 1060 6Gb (both micron memory) 1x GTX 970 (KFA2 HOF).

    OC settings for Equihash (i want to switch to stable Ethash)

    GTX 1060 Gb GTX 1060 6Gb +75 Core +600 Memory 320 sol/s

    GTX 970 4Gb +75 Core +750 Memory 290 sol/s

    submitted by /u/machina0101
    [link] [comments]

    How Do I Actually Go About Upgrading My Electricity?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 05:23 PM PST

    Please take pity on me for I am a newbie with Electricity

    Im not sure where to start on upgrading electricity, i currently have 6x Rx580's going in one room, i am scared to plug anything into any outlets and was curious what are the steps/pricerange it would take to get more gpu's in this room. I am looking to expand my mining rig operations and add more gpu's but i want them all collectively in one room,

    Please let me know prices and as much as you can teach me !

    ~ I need to know everything so give me everything you can

    submitted by /u/TheDyylan
    [link] [comments]

    What GPUs are these? Or is it ASIC?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 12:23 PM PST

    Fuse goes out when starting PSUs - need to start one by one

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 11:53 PM PST

    Hi, I live in Poland, got 16A fuse connected to 3 rigs, 18 cards and 2,8kW of power in total. This all runs fine, wires are not hot. There is still room for more power (230V*16A ~ 3.7kW).

    The problem is when there is a blackout the rigs won't restart, as the 16A circuit breaker will go out. The same problem happens if I want to hard-restart my right using TP-Link Kasa. I need to connect each PSU separately, to avoid having them connected all at once.

    I've bought the: "ahh3 16a current limiter" from Aliexpress, but either it doesn't work at all, or doesn't work with just miliseconds of load spike (when capacitors are loading). Do you have the same problem? The fuse type is: "S301 B16 16A", where you can toggle it up / down.

    submitted by /u/li-_-il
    [link] [comments]

    I Don't Understand How People Are Calculating Their ROI To Be 6 Months Or Less

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 12:30 PM PST

    Hello,

    Not new to cryptocurrency, but new to GPU mining, and my father and I have been interested in investing into building a rig. We are doing our research and creating excel sheets, to see how our investment would go. The only thing is, we're completely clueless on how all these articles and videos we've read/watch, say that it takes them 6 months or less to hit their ROI (break-even).

    For example, according to WhatToMine, if we bought 6, 1060, it could do 135 Mh/s at 540W for Ethash, and 1620 h/s at 540W for Equihash. If we take those numbers and enter them on CryptoCompare with a cost per KWh of .1025 and a pool fee of 1%. We get a monthly profit of $202.50 for ETH, and $154.48 for ZEC. I also realize that all these numbers are for the current market price.

    Now I'm generalizing here, but I've seen these cards for $360, so 6 of them would cost you around $2160. Not even including cost of MB, CPU, RAM, etc, I don't see how you could possibly get your ROI in 6 months or less. Are they just counting on the value of the coin to increase overtime while mining?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/BeerGeekGamer
    [link] [comments]

    Which to buy Gtx 1070 or GTX 1060 6Gb (only one ,for casual mining)

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 09:45 PM PST

    Also taking in consideration the ROI

    submitted by /u/GODBeerus
    [link] [comments]

    How To Build Crypto Mining Rig W/ $2000 or LESS - Beginner Tutorial - 8x Rx560 14cu

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 09:34 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment