• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 27, 2018

    GPU Mining Finally finished my mini farm (pic)

    GPU Mining Finally finished my mini farm (pic)


    Finally finished my mini farm (pic)

    Posted: 27 Mar 2018 05:57 AM PDT

    The "Ethereum ASIC" leaked from a buddy, any thoughts?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 10:27 PM PDT

    Repost from /r/PCMasterRace

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 05:48 PM PDT

    Sloppy language and misinterpretations

    Posted: 27 Mar 2018 07:04 AM PDT

    Ive seen several posts and videos about the Bitmain ETH miner. First , an ASIC is a chip , not a box. A GPU is another chip, not a board. A mining rig/box is either ASIC based or GPU based, usually not both.

    That said, several reports refer to the F3 as GPU based. If so, what GPU? The authors dont seem to have a technical clue at all and toss words around.

    For a miner to be ASIC based and do the ETH algo is must have a similar core processing and large shared ram as GPU card. ASICS are not deeply designed chips like GPUs and are inherently less efficient for the same task. FPGA are worse and more expensive to boot.

    If Bitmain is actually using GPUs it seems like the only advantage that will offer is physical hasrate density but more noise. Suitable for warehouses.

    So rumors aside, the only unkown here is what hashrate/box , power and cost will the F3 offer. Seems like a lot of nonsense for now.

    submitted by /u/drji3m
    [link] [comments]

    Alternative for our GPUs

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 06:08 PM PDT

    This has been a hot button topic the last few weeks with little options. I'm just curious if there is even enough demand out there for some of the solutions.

    1. The most popular option was Vektordash created by a reddit community member. It makes sense to compete against amazon as a distributed community model lowers expenses to undercut Amazon. I don't agree with all his decisions, especially the 50:50 revenue sharing, but I'm more concerned that there is not enough of a demand. How many people are really out there training an AI's neural net?

    2. Creating a similar service to Geforce's remote gaming platform. I feel like this would get significantly more involved to institute considering most rigs run in a 1x configuration. However, with everything shifting to the cloud I feel like a subscription service ran on a decentralized back-end could result in a service with similar performance to NVIDIA's.

    3. This one is just more generalized decentralized distributed computing had been attempted once and failed. Some of the websites are still out there as relics to a failed experiment. However, at that time there weren't a crap ton of high performance GPUs looking for something to generate better profits.

    Idk, I'm spit balling but I'm just curious to see what the community thinks.

    submitted by /u/hudi2121
    [link] [comments]

    AdoredTV on GPU prices, ASICs and GPU crypto mining: "that's the point, there will be a next coin."

    Posted: 27 Mar 2018 04:27 AM PDT

    RGB Halo fans > ROI

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 05:06 PM PDT

    Verge XVG - Lyra2REv2 Pool and Miner?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2018 03:20 AM PDT

    Hello, I have 6 x 1060. I would like to mine XVG using Lyra2REv2 Algo.

    Could you please suggest the best pool and miner for it?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ArjunJain
    [link] [comments]

    How Machine Learning Can Stop Cryptocurrency Mining Malware

    Posted: 27 Mar 2018 08:17 AM PDT

    Downsides of Mining with a PC rather than dedicated Rig?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2018 03:12 AM PDT

    I've got a 2x 570 rig currently working on Ethereum. The rig is good to hold about 4 more GPU's. I was initially considering adding GPU's to it every month (budget mining), but with the downturn of crypto, I don't want to abandon mining but I don't see a need to have a separate system running when my current PC could hold the cards. So I am considering transferring all kit into my normal Ryzen build, upgrading the cooling solution and just having that as my 'rig'.

    But I've some questions -

    Can I run the 'rig' in a Virtual Machine on my normal OS. So all the mining software / drivers / overclocking will be within the VM and I can use my PC as normal without worrying I may interrupt the mining?

    If I download the 'mining' drivers for the 570's, could I still use them for gaming? I'm not worried about optimal gaming performance.

    submitted by /u/DarkAccountant
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: ROI vs Break even period

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 12:09 PM PDT

    I see a lot of people here misusing the term ROI, often confusing it with a break even period, and I've seen a lot of people becoming frustrated (sometimes unreasonably so) about it. Personally I don't think it's a big deal, since most of us know what people mean anyway.

    However, knowing the difference between the two gives you another tool in evaluating the profitability of your operation, and knowing how to properly calculate an ROI lets you compare it to the profitability of other investments

    I've taken some courses in accounting and the like, so I wanna clear things up for anyone who's interested. Hopefully you find this helpful!

    ROI:

    ROI, or "return on investment" is the percentage of your initial investment that is paid off within some time interval. Oftentimes people use annual, or yearly ROI.

    Example:

    Let's say I purchased a mining rig that cost me $5000, and that rig makes me $10 per day in profit after electricity costs. In one year, my rig makes $10/day x 365 days/year = $3650/year. My annual ROI is this profit of $3650 as a percentage of my $5000 investment. So, annual ROI will be ($3650/$5000) x 100 = 73%.

    Break-even period:

    The break even period is the time it takes for my rig to make enough profit to cover my initial costs. When people in this sub talk about a card's ROI, more often than not this is what they're actually referring to.

    Example:

    In the above scenario, my initial cost was $5000, and my profit was $10/day. My break even period is the number of days it takes for my rig to make $5000. So, the break even period for this scenario is $5000/$10 per day = 500 days.

    Obviously your ROI and break even periods will change on a daily or even hourly basis due to changes in coin price and difficulty. I just wanted to clear things up for everybody and show the difference between the two.

    submitted by /u/cranberryman
    [link] [comments]

    Mining 1 coin to death?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2018 02:27 AM PDT

    I know that the common sense says to diversify but I have this itch to mine 1 coin to death. The coin is new, the difficulty is low and the project seems decent but the progress is slow. I have 1 6x 1080ti rig.

    I am aware that the project could never see the light of day or be a lot less successful that I hope it to be. This is pretty much high risk high reward situation.

    Is anyone else doing the same?

    submitted by /u/PlaystationWan
    [link] [comments]

    https://cryptodescriptor.info - Short and Easy Descriptions of Alt-Coins and Cryptocurrencies!

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 11:08 PM PDT

    I have created a website to make it quick and easy to find information about any particular Alt-Coin or Cryptocurrency.

    Crypto Descriptor has a simple search box where you can enter the name (or ticker) of any coin or token you want to find more information about. It makes life much easier for people wanting concise, to-the-point, readily-available descriptions without going through the hastle of clicking on multiple google links and skimming through complicated, bloated explanations.

    Currently, Crypto Descriptor has info for the top-200 coins on coinmarketcap.com (excluding some new additions) but we are constantly striving to learn, understand, and display information in a noob-friendly, easily-accessible fashion.

    https://cryptodescriptor.info/

    submitted by /u/cryptodescriptor
    [link] [comments]

    8xGPU Rig Issues - Crashing, Powering Off, Losing TeamViewer Access and AB Settings Do Not Apply. Stable for Weeks Then This.

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 10:15 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    I've lurked this sub and been fairly active in the Discord for a couple months now. The rig in question has been stable for well over a month and within the last week I've been having a very odd mix of issues noted in the title.

    Rig Specs: MOBO: ASUS B250 Mining Expert RAM: 4GB DDR4 PSU: 3 HX1000i Corsair GPU: 8 Nvidia (7 1080Ti, 1 1080) CPU: Pentium G4400 SSD: ADAT 128GB OS: Win10

    Issue: I had been running this particular rig on NiceHash for over a month with no issues whatsoever. I would intermittently change miners and coins, but mostly stuck with NiceHash for this one.

    Recently the rig started crashing and shutting down after switching to XMR-Stak and mining ZenCash (not saying this is correlated). When it does this the rig is not rebooting automatically like it should. Once I manually power on I have no access via TeamViewer and the saved AfterBurner settings do not apply.

    The odd part about all of this is that once I plug a monitor into GPU0 and pull up TeamViewer on my laptop I am able to access it.

    Tonight I reapplied AB setting, etc. etc. and it ran just fine for a couple hours until crashing and the prior issues came to light again.

    I'm honestly not sure what the cause is or how to fix it. Everything is as set as it should be on the BIOS, Win10, AB, Miner, etc.

    If anyone has suggestions please let me know!

    TL;DR: Rig has been stable for weeks. Now crashing / shutting down, TeamViewer malfunctions, AB settings do not apply, and the only way to access it is via monitor in GPU0, but it crashes after a couple hours.

    submitted by /u/TheMailmanMalone
    [link] [comments]

    Octominer Email

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 01:00 PM PDT

    So I've received a couple emails from Octominer after purchasing one of their boards saying that they need a phone number before they can ship it to me. Seems like the email was sent from a real representative but I wanted to know if anyone had any other word on this. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/wriggs21
    [link] [comments]

    [HELP WANTED] Is it possible that no more than 8 GPU's are working due to low memory RAM?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 04:45 PM PDT

    I installed 9th and 10th card on my rig this weekend. Turns out that only 8 GPU's will work at the same time. I believe it is because I don't have enough RAM memory to initialize AMD CLI, does that make sense? Has it happened to anyone else?

    All of the cards are a mix of RX570 and RX580.

    submitted by /u/axpatito
    [link] [comments]

    No way do I endorse. But new algorithm, scamy but you know. That's crypto ��

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 07:40 PM PDT

    can't get Nvidia 1080ti rig to boot up with more than 2 cards

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 09:06 AM PDT

    While this is my first Nvidia rig that I'm building, but I've built AMD rigs already - so I'm not a complete noob. Anyway, I can't seem to figure out the problem. Here are the general specs I'm working with:

    MB - Asus Prime H270-plus CPU - Intel Pentium G4400 HD - Inland Professional 128gb SSD PSU1 - EVGA Gold GQ 850w PSU2 - EVGA Gold GQ 850w RAM - Crucial 4GB 288-Pin DDR4 GPUs - 4 MSI Nvidia GTX1080ti's, 2 EVGA 1080ti's

    I had no issues getting the machine to post with 1 GPU. I installed windows 10, did some basic windows and BIOS modifications, and started adding more GPU's. At one point, I was able to get 4 GPU's to boot and be recognized. However, the machine became unstable when I would try to do some test-ming (both Claymore ethminer and Nicehash miner).

    After that initial instability, every time I would boot the machine with more than 2 GPU's plugged into the motherboard, I would get a Windows boot error (http://www.pcerror-fix.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/boot_error_status_0xC000000F.png) and even with the Windows 10 USB inserted, could not get it to boot.

    Eventually, I did reinstall Windows 10, but I keep getting the same problem. I've tried everything I can think of, and have been unable to completely isolate the problem despite hours of trying slightly different boot configurations.

    With the 2 GPU's, the machine runs perfectly stable (off of 1 PSU) and can mine just fine.

    Any thoughts or ideas or suggestions on what might issue could possibly be?

    Thanks for any help you can offer!

    submitted by /u/gary_prairie
    [link] [comments]

    Top 5 Reasons Why It SUCKS to be a Cryptocurrency Miner!

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 06:29 PM PDT

    How can I make claymore report hashrate every 10 seconds?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 10:47 AM PDT

    Do you guys think it is a good time to build a new rig?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 01:59 PM PDT

    I already of a 7 x 1080ti rig and with the new Nvidia cards coming out I am on the fence on whether to build a new rig or just straight up by the coins a think are interesting. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/areddituser46
    [link] [comments]

    Can you keep your motherboard on top of your motherboard box?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 12:21 PM PDT

    Noob question but does it matter if you remove your motherboard from the box,keep it on top of its box install cpu ram and gpu and start mining. I currently have 2 gpus.

    submitted by /u/ExtensionAir
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment