• Breaking News

    Monday, April 26, 2021

    GPU Mining It’s really alive! Finally mining all cards, good temps and pretty lights!!!

    GPU Mining It’s really alive! Finally mining all cards, good temps and pretty lights!!!


    It’s really alive! Finally mining all cards, good temps and pretty lights!!!

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 09:11 PM PDT

    Scalpers, no scalping!

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 05:43 AM PDT

    Purrrfect bed for a Graphics Catrd. ��

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 07:06 PM PDT

    Anyone have experience with solar panels?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 03:53 AM PDT

    With eip round the corner, I'm tempted to invest in some solar panels, to power my rig 24/7.

    Is this a good idea? I mean it will allow me to mine any coin for a profit as no electric cost

    Anyone have experience? What is needed, any good resources?

    submitted by /u/Tp616
    [link] [comments]

    Old dusty ass 970 build turned into a 2x 3060 workhorse

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 04:32 PM PDT

    MSI 2060super gaming x edition next to its younger chunkier brother MSI 1060 gaming x edition

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 07:34 AM PDT

    So I need help for my first rig (PCIE-lanes) who can explain me please? (BTC-37 MOBO)

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 02:52 AM PDT

    I heard about the things with "lanes" and now im confused how to find out how much every PCIE really does have, I can't imagine, that every PCIE has true 16X?

    How can I find it out, and how to know what GPUs can I using ?

    Thank you in advance!

    Supported CPUCPU TypeCeleron CPU 1037U u/1.80GHz

    MemoryNumber of Memory SlotsDDR3 SODIMM,Support 1066/1333/1600MHzMemory StandardDDR3

    Expansion SlotsPCI Express x16 8 PCIE 16X

    Rear Panel PortsHDMI 1 x HDMIUSB 1.1/2.04 x USB 2.0

    Physical SpecForm FactorATXPower Pin24 Pin

    Additional InformationDate First AvailableFebruary 13, 2021

    submitted by /u/AtroopAT8
    [link] [comments]

    Should the gpu's increase in price along with ETH's price?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 05:57 AM PDT

    I'm mostly investing in crypto but I'm mining with my 3070 for gaming when I'm not playing, I'm planning to sell this card somewhere soon, should the card go up in price if we go to $5k per ETH? since I'm debating whenever I should keep it a little longer to maximize the profits or sell now just in case since I'm not familiar with the gpu market behavior.

    submitted by /u/MokebeBigDingus
    [link] [comments]

    i9-9900k or kf in Aurora R12, gpu mining

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 05:44 AM PDT

    Hello,

    Sorry if this is a noob question. I've looked all over the internet but couldn't find an answer.

    I thinking of getting an Alienware Aurora R12 with a RTX 3090 and a i9-9900k or kf CPU.

    I want the fastest cpu I can get for genetic algorithms I run for my hobby but got interested in having the gpu mine on the side to help pay off the rig and for another hobby to get into.

    From the looks of it the fastest cpu I can put in it is a i9-9900kf which is only a fraction better than the i9-9900k.

    Is there a benefit to getting the 9900k if my gpu will be mining at 100% 24/7?

    I'm not sure if the k with the uhd is better so it can run say a monitor on it while the 3090 focuses on mining. If I get the kf I'm wondering if I'll loose some hash when the monitor is on. Or is a k with the uhd a bad idea?

    I'm just looking to do something basic and easy like NiceHash.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/LainB
    [link] [comments]

    Did I get a dud BTC-37 or am I doing something wrong?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 11:24 PM PDT

    My first time getting a mining rig.

    I got a BTC-37. I plugged in the PSU (24 ATX pin), turned it on. Green light on mobo shows up, but that's it. Nothing spins, no CPU fan, no PSU fan. Googled around but everyone seems to be an expert and skips these small significant steps.

    Auto switch is ON. I turn it OFF and connect front panel power switch on the red pins, doesn't work. I tried the black and green pins just in case, but still nothing.

    PSU is fine. I shorted it and fan spins good. PSU is not the issue.

    What am I doing wrong? How do I turn this thing on?

    submitted by /u/FerrinMass
    [link] [comments]

    GTX 1660ti mining on Legion y740

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 11:06 PM PDT

    Hello guys, I'm new to mining here. Do you guys think mining 5 6 hours a day on my legion y740 at 60-62c will be harmful to the laptop in the long run?

    I use the trex miner to mine eth at 29 mhs at +1200 memory oc -100 core.

    submitted by /u/s0mple2k
    [link] [comments]

    Exhaust fan for little basement window?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 01:57 PM PDT

    Anyone have experience with the EVGA 3080 FTW Hybrid?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 04:46 PM PDT

    Replaced the stock cooler on the card with a hybrid cooler. At stock, my memory junction temperature was hitting 94°C at +900 MHz memory. After installing the hybrid cooler, I'm hitting 94°C at -1000 MHz memory.

    I've tried replacing the memory plate to the GPU coldplate, but I didn't really get any benefit out of it. I have some 2mm thermal pads coming in to repad the RAM, but I'm even concerned about those because according the EVGA the stock thermal pads are 2.25mm thick.

    Has anyone had any experience with this cooler? Is there any way to get non-awful RAM temperatures out of it?

    submitted by /u/pntsrgd
    [link] [comments]

    Dual GPU: Question about Cooling and Overclocking

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 05:59 PM PDT

    I just added a 3070 to my rig in addition to a 2080ti, both mining ETH with gminer. Questions at the bottom of post. Using MSI afterburner, these are my current OC settings:

    2080ti

    • Core Voltage (VDD): N/A
    • Power Limit (%): ~70% or 150 (W)
    • Core Clock (CClock): -200
    • Memory Clock (MClock): +1100

    3070

    • Core Voltage (VDD): N/A
    • Power Limit (%): ~55% or 130 (W)
    • Core Clock (CClock): -502
    • Memory Clock (MClock): +1100

    I am using a midtier tower where the 2080ti is on top of the 3070, an inch in between them. I use the auto fan sync for the 3070 and it's running at a consistent 62C no problem with a hashrate of 60.5 mh/s. I had to set the fan speed of the 2080ti to 95% to keep it at 67C, otherwise it will rise above 73C. That's getting a hashrate of 55 mh/s.

    OK. That's the setup. Here are the questions:

    1. Before I added the 3070, my 2080ti was getting a consistent 60 mh/s, but has dropped by a few. Is this normal or how can i raise that?
    2. Is there a better way to keep my 2080ti cool? Will there be any issues with keeping the fan speed at 95C? I'm going to try out a riser on my 3070 to see if that will improve things.
    3. Is there a way to continue mining on my 3070 and use the 2080ti to play games when I want?

    THANKS!

    submitted by /u/EternalTruesdale
    [link] [comments]

    Evga 3080 water AIO. Poor heat transfer from VRAM copper plate. After 12wmk pads, temps still high. (104°C)

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 12:20 PM PDT

    Why's it so hard to find an ATX 6 pin Male to Male PCIe cable?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 01:16 PM PDT

    I'm out of 8 pin slots on my EVGA Supernova G3 PSU, and I'm also out of 6 pin cables. I've been searching around, and the closest thing I've found is 6 pin male to 8 pin (6+2) male on Amazon - but it specifies that they aren't compatible with EVGA PSU's. MicroCenter told me that they have none either. Am I just looking in the wrong places? Anyone else have this issue, and if so, where did you get your extra cables?

    Also, even though it seems obvious, can someone tell me why it's necessary to keep GPU's and their corresponding risers on the same PSU? Until I find this extra 6 pin, I'll be powering two risers from a different PSU... not sure how much of a concern this is.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/sleb23
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment